ぼくの日記

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Au Revoir Mon Patron

30th July 2008, Wednesday

Thank god it's midweek already...Not feeling too jovial for reasons unknown over the week perhaps due to lack of sleep..struggling to keep the eyelids open these few afternoons...
Last evening once again threw a fit in front of the PC in my virtual football management as my Sengkang Punggol team with 4 first choice forwards missing through injuries at the same time struggled to beat our arc nemesis Geylang Utd (their incumbent gaffer Lim Tong Hai seemed to like me the least, so I must beat his team constantly to pulp).
It was the same when my Singapore squad just concede cheap goals to France in the 2nd round of 2014 World Cup, my team just fail to win Geylang... After a string of bore draws and narrow losses, I called it a night at 1.30 am.

Anyway this very day surely had some Gallic (not garlic) flavor to it since our French supervisor would be leaving her post she held for perhaps 5 years now to pursue her studies just across the road.
She left behind a legacy and made whoever taking over facing a daunting task to repeat her feat in terms of how meticulous and intricate she could be yet not back down by the amount of projects to handle and made a precise schedule to appease the bosses (especially an unreasonable American one).

So far in my career I had been blessed with good bosses/supervisors.
My first one was like a caring teacher and always condescending to our needs though she could be a bit of push over and shown a wee bit of favoritism which irk the girls and me partially (but it's JxMMy D we are talking about so I can be forgiven to be ruffled).

When BY pulled me over 2 years ago, I was really uncertain whether I could be facing a good supervisor which always make coming to work less dreadful.
In the end it turned out real well as she treated us like adults as we supposed to, not leading the group in a draconian authoritative way.
She very much leave us on our own to handle our project though sometime the expectation for one to complete might be ludicrous (usually is from our main bosses).

The biggest perk from her would be the illustrious appraisal she did for us enabling me to be promoted this year (due anyway) but also warrant us pretty hefty bonus package.
I don't know if the good days are over with that aspect but I am just glad for that the bonus for the past 2 years managed to beef up my accounts abit...
Still shudders at the thought that the upcoming one would be conducted by Mr Shitty Green himself...The onus of it all!

Well she is not exactly that flawless...
Because she is meticulous, she can be pretty pushy and unreasonable at time, the It support especially the scientific computing guys got the brunt of it the most over the years we tried to develop the inventory system.

She also made a point to scan through all the projects and pick out bones from the eggs when you might had forgotten an error is done.
But she does appreciate people owning up to mistakes though she loves to bring out "please be more careful next time" through her limited English vocabulary which got me down for a few times in the past...dunno why just dented my ego a bit.

Two of her best qualities of being impartial to everyone (not biased to any individual though we suspect one or 2 of the old birds..but that's understandable) as well as bestowing us the liberty to handle our own schedule can be her biggest shortcomings.
She seldom hit the lab so had limited idea what was happening inside and tends to turn a blind eye to some non-activities of perhaps the Beautiness in the past and when that particular clique's gathering which really got on the nerve which expedite her departure.
Perhaps she and the bosses had always tried to keep politics to the minimal and hope we work in an utopia-like environment where everyone is friend with everyone...
It didn't worked that way and many left because of it.

Nevertheless she would surely be missed and do pray that whoever takiing over would be just half as nice as her...

Feel really jaded to see a series of departures from work since last year including the lad from the gym who I always had hearty chat about sports with.
However another previous gym instructor (whom BY kept insisting is gay) made a surprise return this week to take over from the current in-charge, surely is a nice change to see a prodigal son to return...

French Word of the Day: merci (Thank You...to my departing supervisor) For everything I had with my current job...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home