ぼくの日記

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

24 hr Support Helpdesk?

17th June 2008, Tuesday

As mentioned yesterday, my webpage is now being lampooned due to the over usage of bandwidth set by server provider, Connect Internet.
This hadn't been the first time that I am facing bandwidth issue with my domain but with 10GB monthly data transfer, I just wonder how I was able to use up that much with just half a month gone (they would rest the bandwidth quota at the turn of each month).

When a warning message came in last week, I quickly send a request to their support helpdesk ask them to increase my bandwidth limit as they had done before but since I sent on Friday evening, I kind of expect that the crew were on their weekend escapades.
As predicted the webpage was suspended on Sunday and I quickly sent another request yesterday morning and till this moment no sign of action from the helpdesk.
And they have the audacity of claiming they work 24/7 to help their customers...

I surely am at the brink of disenchantment with regards to the service provider which I had hooked on for a good 3 years now.
It's not life or death matters than my webpage which had barely 100 visitors hooking on daily (myself account for the majority); but the fact that I paid good money for it, I expected it to be entertained with my request.

I would also like an exact answer why the bandwidth was decimated over night...a mystery which I hope the support team could reply, that is if they bother to reply...

Maybe it's really time to seek for better alternatives, anyone has good suggestions?

In line with this IT mishap, StarHub who offered me a new contract with 25% discount last week pulled a big one on me... Further reinforcing the fact that bad things don't happened singly.
With the offer, I signed up a new contract for Max Online to the "Premium" plan which should offer faster surf rate than my "Express".
With the discount, it is merely $2 more expensive than the previous rate for the Express. They threw in a new Motorola Cable Modem which I duly accepted and as scheduled it arrived last Thursday.

I had no problem setting it up though I didn't noticed too much of a difference in the speed of internet surfing (as well as downloading).
Things were all aye ok till last evening when the usual home page which feature a google search on my FireFox browser was replaced by this Flexisurf advertisement from Starhub which embedded like a virus, disabling my ability to surf around.
I was baffled at this point as MSN Messenger still works... I immediately dial 1633 to the help line and after the series of choices, I was left stranded for the service consultant to pick up, ending that mundane melody as well as suggesting we fax in or email (email? I can't even surf, boy!)

After a good 30 minutes of waiting, a lady consultant picks up...
Not to be sexist or anything, but that instant I knew she wasn't a service consultant..Merely a receptionist...
So after relating my plight, she seemed clueless what could be done and had to refer to their technical people or something and left me stranded without internet access for the rest of the evening.

The problem wasn't resolved this morning before work, so I buzzed them up again...
This time a male voice was on the other line, and he seemed to have dealt with this problem as it seems like the new cable modem wasn't really activated (then how do I surf for the past 4 days?!), and he would do so...
Therefore I am expecting everything to go on plan when I return home later, if not I would not be a jolly old fellow for this Tuesday night....

Japanese word of the day: サポート ~sa-po-to~(Support) Many claimed to be there 24/7 but are they really THERE?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home