ぼくの日記

Friday, October 12, 2007

Going Astray

12th October 2007, Friday

If I am to become a parent, what would be the most worrying factor for my children?
Perhaps in present day society in Singapore, the inability to compete in the suffocating job market which ultimately boils down to the paper qualification one possess...
However there are so many pristine examples of people carving a name for themselves in various fields without even holding a degree..but then it's the old days...

But the most worrying issue for parents when the child is progressively growing up would be their tendency to be led astray...
It is always argued that one's discipline begins at home but it is a 2-edge sword, if you spare the rod and spoil the child or you became a fearful dictator while the child grooms to be rebellious
However aside from parenting, I still think there are some aspect in our genes that govern our tendency to go astray

Recently my youngest uncle from the father side buzzed Dad for help regarding the fact that his only daughter was been barred to school till the year-end examinations...
Surely it drew worries to a hapless father who is uneducated and baffled in how to solve the problem...
However for every consequence, there must be a cause and it seems like my 14-year old cousin has been into bad company and was caught sniffing glues in school (twice I heard)
Always raring to try new things, she had dabbled into cigarettes and even Ecstasy pills...
This is surely hell freezes over or kingdom come for her doting parents to discover that their precious little musume has now proliferated into such problem teenager...
My uncle has been very nice to me when I was young, so this unfortunate piece of news sort of affected me and makes me wonder how we could help him out...

My cousin doesn't appears to be those rebellious type or out to create havoc...
It's just that she is in the precarious stage of being easily influenced by the people she mixed with as well as seemingly curious to try out every single thing her twisted fiends..I mean friends cajoled her into...
Last I heard from Sis when she talked to her last evening was that she wants her parents to not ground her and let her join her friends for clubbing...
Clubbing is not a bad thing, just that she is still too young for it and perhaps going our with older Cambodian men doesn't seems like the best prospect...

Being the only child who was born when my uncle was at the wrong side of 40 surely means the world to him and my auntie who now camped outside her room at 24 hours basis to prevent her from escaping the boundaries of the house...
It's not the best measure and I think they might need professional counselors to guide her to see the light, even then at 14 she is still not matured enough I supposed...
Let's just hope things will work out eventually and hopefully she would not had a wretchedly woeful ending...

As for Mom, her best solution is to bring my uncle to seek religious help, perhaps some miraculous assistance from deity can make my cousin turns a new leaf...
Well it might sounds dubious for someone as skeptical as myself, but it is a good avenue for them to rely on in a time of helplessness...

My parents are traditional people with old folks thinking such as one have to get married and bear children at the right age, children have to show filial piety to their parents (such as giving them monthly alowance) etc...
So if one becomes homosexual, it would be classified as going astray to them...

So I believe His Beautiness at work would be tagged blasphemous to my folks...maybe to his as well, which is why he seems all secretive about it...
Well like an episode of "Seinfeld" when a reporter from New York University Journal assumed that Jerry and George are "soul mates", the notion which was repeatedly mention, "not that there is anything wrong with it"...His Beautiness' sexual orientation is his own business but his ability to manipulate the bosses at work is another whole new matter...

It's the time of the year when we were being assessed for half a year of performance and to Beautiness , it's the ideal opportunity to whine about how his workload had quadrupled overtime and he had no time for paperwork (aka surfing for his stock market, chatting with his gay clique, whatever)
He was always not pleased that some personnel from a neighboring group can actually sit around and do nothing all day, a role he previously upheld...
So he brought the issue to immediate attention of our French supervisor and supposedly received the green lights to be warrant himself free from any lab-based chores (the main reason he had wanted to leave for greener pastures previously), so that he could be workstation bound, focusing on his paperworks...getting ample paper cuts and a chronic case of cystic thrombosis along the way perhaps

Meanwhile the same gullible (perhaps blinded by his "beauty" or some black voodoo magic) supervisor spent a great deal of the day interviewing new candidates to help alleviate his burden...just makes my blood boil just typing this...

To me this case with His Beautiness surely should be the ultimate case of "going astray"...there sure is no way back...

Japanese word of the day: 道に迷いなさい(Going Astray)My version of going astray at the age of 14 perhaps would be the usage of the word "fuck"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home