ぼくの日記

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Having a Bad Day in Mid Autumn

25th September 2007, Tuesday

It's Mid Autumn Festival (中秋节)..While our Taiwanese/Hong Kong/Chinese counterparts are enjoying like 3 days public holidays in their respective countries, here in in the south eastern part of Asia, we got no autumn and not holiday...something to lament to...

Yesterday's Monday blues has slowly permeated to torment my Tuesday thus the theme for me this very day has to be Daniel Powter's "Bad Day"

It all began last evening when as anticipated, my tour agent dropped a call but the harbinger of bad news certainly ruined my night with the fact that our hotel request for both Osaka and Tokyo had been fully booked...
This inculcated fear within me that with the trip merely weeks away, we might need to reside along the streets with no means of lodging in Japan's 2 biggest cities...
Of course I am being paranoid but my agent did not give me any assurance that she will push the JAL people to get us replacement hotels by hook or by crook...
My mood was foul the whole evening and even snubbed my missus' discussion of where to go when we are in Japan...she just picked the wrong time for it...
This carried over till the morning after, until the same agent buzzed me to inform me that they managed to find alternative lodging with confirmation for reservation... so instead of Akihabara Washington, we got the sister branch in Shinjuku while instead of Hotel Sunroute Umeda at Nakatsu, by a twist of fate, we got back Riva Nankai in Namba now by its incarnation of Cross Hotel...
At least that got out of the way...now the ball is at my sister's court for her beau to settle his traveling visa...

Still in the midst of feeling void of zeal for my routine work and jaded about the lodging in Japan, I got a call from the friendly clerk in my navy unit...
He didn't beat around the bush and asked if I am interested in visiting Kao Hsiung again next April...
WHAT?! Are you nuts..I'm not visiting that Taiwan city period...if I have a choice...
I supposed with 5 more high key ICTs yet to clock, I most probably might be heading back to pay my dues for the wretched National Service shit...
But I don't foresee going back that god-forsaken place for 2 consecutive years...so I have to try to send in the deferment letter as soon as the beckon begins half a year before the ICT (meaning most probably in October)...
I really do HATE serving this NS shit to the CORE!!!

However an event on the American TV scene surely helps to perk up the rest of my day a bit..Yes after the long long wait, Hiro, Ando, Claire, Jessica, Peter and the rest of the gang are back as "Heroes" season 2 begins last evening in the States and got the whole fanbase buzzing with excitement, yours truly included...till Starworld ruins it all by rerunning over and over and over again...

Japanese word of the day: 悪い日 (Bad Day) Daniel sang "Photos don't lie"...seriously if I have a bad day I wouldn't take a photo for anyone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home