ぼくの日記

Thursday, October 01, 2009

World in Disarray but I find Solace

1st October 2010, Thursday

My buddy is getting married in 2 days time and he had been getting butterfly in his stomach.
I knew he was more than ready for the commitment and truly hope he and his other half can walk down the isle of the remaining years in a blissful and endearing manner.

There was no sort of Stag party but it was going to be the usual "wreckers" night out over at his place on the eve of the big day.
The only dent in the build up of it was that a fourth founding member had gone AWOL and his "disappearance" had left me in the limbo, to a state I was starting to get disenchanted.
Perhaps I had thought too much into it and he was just preoccupied with things in his life.

After a weekend of F1 racing, the week went into full gear with 5 long days at work and the only solace was the wedding at the end of it.
After which, it would be another 4 days of work before me and my wife jetting off to Japan and to Iwate to attend Sou & Eriko s' wedding.
It would be another event to be looking forward to and a short escape from the mundane work routine, while in preparation of a hectic end of the year which include a pesky 5 days ICT.

The world as we knew it is now in a state of disarray as natural disasters started wrecking havoc so close to our doorsteps.
A sandstorm sent Sydney in an unhealthy orange hue while a typhoon flooded and ruined homes of thousands in Philippines and Vietnam.
Just yesterday an oceanic earthquake in the Pacific Ocean resulted in tumultuous cascade of tsunami destruction on sprawling islands like Samoa, and within hours Padang, Indonesia received a deadly bolt of 7.6 on richter scale with tremors could even be felt for minutes in Sinagpore.

Together with the pending fear of the H1N1 virus and the bustling terrorism threats, we are not living in the most jolly of times.

A few days ago, there was a report of Singapore population hitting the 5 million mark soon with a bulk made up of permanent residents and new citizens.
It was of little wonder why our tiny red dot is so appealing for many people in the world.
With the major problem of land shortage as well as lack of any resources, we had been blessed from being at the brunt of Mother Nature's cruel game.
If you want to live an uneventful and stable life, here is where you have to be as I myself would say I am all for that.

End of the day, I am once again announcing the fact that I am happy remaining status quo in finding solace of playing virtual management games, getting myself in fits with South Park and second guessing what's the minds of people close to me.
Japanese word of the day: 無秩序 (Chaos) The only chaos in my life is the madness in taking public transport so far

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home