ぼくの日記

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Loads on My Mind

25th August 2010, Tuesday

If my professional life is as loaded as the things I had in my mind, I would not lament over the fact that I had become a leech to my workplace.
Having to pick scraps and bits from whatever we can render our help to since the demand for our platform had trickled so remotely since like the 2nd quarter, we now would just spend the day in front of our workstation while seeing how our colleagues slog off with their mounting work load.

I had tried to suggest me jumping over to lend a hand but so far there was no taker; it sure look like I would not be getting the "Employee of the Year" with the looks of it...
I can virtually kiss a fat bonus package goodbye come next May.

At some point I also started to miss the time when BY as well as a few closer ex colleagues were still around.
The coalition of new colleagues tend to cluster among themselves, perhaps due to their work scope and their sitting arrangement.
It looked ordeal to break in, not that I am aggressively finding my way in.

Think I am slowly to encapsulate myself in the way His Beautiness had done and he was thick enough to go through the motion for the past 7 years, money matters at the end of each month ultimately.

I wonder how my other comrades from the same platform felt with the lack of work, the lack of attention from the new boss as well as some of the newer staff gaining more of the attention.
Perhaps I had been thinking too much on my ample free time at work.

Eriko and Sou s' wedding invitation arrived last evening.
We made a U turn to the decision to attend their wedding after the missus first was hesitant to even giving up the thought due to her financial obligation to her car.
We knew it would be a really short trip to Morioka with no stay at Tokyo which had become a practice of sort.
However we could not make up our mind on how many days we are staying and whether if the newly weds have anytime to even entertain us after their ceremony on the 10th of October.
Some good news though was that Singapore Airlines had a new promotion for air tickets to Japan while Japan Railway had a flexi 3 days JR pass promotion... Merely buying tickets for shinkansen is setting our budget aplomb, a trip from Tokyo to Morioka cost like 14K yen!
Hope to secure the air tickets as soon as our Japanese friends gave us the actual plan for us through email.

Desmond called at the start of this workday, stating that he had been called up for the usual high key to Kao-Hsiung next March...yes March not April.
He got news that there would be an Aussie trip at the tailend of 2010 as well and we looked very much involved as well.
The thought of 2 overseas high-key in-camp trainings surely deflated my day but on the flip side, that would reduce the number I need to complete.
It is really a dilemma that on one side I wanna get it over and done with, on the other hand, I loathe the thought of going through the process.
How I wish I could have that remote control as in Adam Sandler's "Click" to fast forward that tepid time on board the ship...
Damn life for us Singaporean men surely is no bed of roses....

With the impending weddings, I needed to set aside a hefty budget for the gift money, the air tickets, spending money in Japan and a set of decent looking suit.
The hotel stay for the missus' birthday is not helping matters but I think I still have things under control for now...no unnecessary splurge though.

After reading "Bakuman" as recommended by EK which is the right sort of storyline I am sucker for, I really envy the aspiration and the courage to dream of the protagonists as they vowed to make a name as a professional mangaka.
This led me to think of my teenage years when I also aspired to be a mangaka...but my drawing was pretty shoddy and plagiarizing was how I usually go by with it.
However I did inspired my buddy TW to where he stand these days, so perhaps our dreams did not went out unfruitful.

How I wish I could have that drive these days...But I don't have that dream to begin with to keep the flame going sadly.
Japanese word of the day: 負荷 (Loads) Wanna clear some off my mind

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home