ぼくの日記

Monday, August 03, 2009

After Flu Bug is Exterminated...

3rd August 2009, Monday

I was decimated by a bout of flu over the course of last week starting on Saturday. The rhinorrhea (i.e. runny nose) concocted with the raspy tonsils to brought a wretched cough that affected me for days.

I had not had a flu for months now but still the immune system I had been aggressive;y trying to strengthen by doing regular workout did came on top by the end of the week and life is back to the norm.

During those days I am rupturing my larynx with persistent coughing, I together with my team were employed to help out the cardinal aspect of our work scope which was tedious, routine and repetitive that I developed some sort of spasm on my fingers'' digits at the end of it.

Fortunately there was ample manpower on show to expedite the process though His Beautiness was adamant not to get himself involved in something as painstaking as this.
This led to a rumpus over his non appearance by those group of us.

Back in the domestic front, nothing too elaborative over the weekend except for a trip down to Sembawang Shopping Center in the missus' "baby (Ford) Focus".
The trip to the mall was a yawning affair and the subsequent trip to La Tendo was not any much better despite the likes of EK, KJ and Bryan who had just returned from a transient Japanese escapade had some tale to share.

Internet access had been erratic over the weekend and I was relentless in my pursue of the truth for the multiple time the modem had reset by itself.
After buzzing the Starhub customer service hotline, the technical support managed to isolate the problem of the cable box showing low power reading and I had to make an appointment with a technician sometiime this week.
Let's hope the problem is not difficult and costly to resolve.

The highlight of the weekend surely would be a 2 hour long chat with CS on the phone as we reminiscencing the good ol' days when we first acquainted as well as the history of our ill capability to chase skirt back in those days.
I was always fascinated to listen to how wretched CS had manage to narrate his younger days as we agreed on more of such intimate sharing moments next time we meet which would be on coming Sunday, National Day at his place with the rest of the gang of course.

Surely looking forward to clear the rest of the week before a long weekend beckons as I will bring the missus to Esplanade to watch a theater play which look set to tickle the funny bone before hanging out with my buddies (finger cross it will happen) on Sunday.
Japanese word of the day: インフルエンザ (Flu) Some flu bug is more aggressive than H1N1 these days


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home