ぼくの日記

Monday, August 01, 2005

Inconveniences...

1st August 2005, Monday

18 days to go to my Japan trip...

The start of August bestowed me with a string of inconveniences...

I began with the carparks along my journey to the MRT station been scheduled for upgrading, well this has been going on for a while but it seemed to taking toll on my tight timing to rush for that direct train to work...

At Bouna Vista, the next phase of the Circle Line involves the rejuvenation of the usual overhead bridge that links the station to the opposite bus stop in which we would usually crossed, either to reach our work place by foot or via the feeder bus service...
Actually there had been posters pasted on the grillings of the bridge last week, but I'm sure not many would remember such trivial matters after the weekends..
So like many I was ushered to a make-shift temporary overhead bridge on the other side which really made the entire journey seems much longer and if I was on the usual route I would be able to catch the bus on time but I had to witness the bus departing as I was seconds away from it..Bummer

The heat and humidity ain't not helping a single bit...

Back to work one of our 4 main machines encountered a recurring problem and seemed to be un-usable for a while...
Beside that the main server is down which led to plenty of enquiries to be answered and explanations to be done; which of course I left it for JxMMy to handle which he would be doing at his own rights...

Yesterday spent a full day with my lass ...
What intended to just go down JTB to make payment for our Studio Ghibli Museum tickets became a full-fledge shopping trip as she decided to not attend her Japanese class...
We shopped for shirts for her brother who would be starting work in a freight company as he has decided to leave their father's company as he had not been duly paid for months...
Then I felt it would be a great opportunity to proceed to Chinatown to do some gift acquisitions for those who would host us in Iwate.

I intended to get Hiroki the 2 highly-raved Corrine May's albums as seriously she seemed like a good PR to show our island's feeble music scene.
I was glad to get it at this congested, tiny CD shop near Outram Center for $15 each which was really a steal as elsewhere would cost me at least $18 each.
Beside that they also boast pretty impressive selection of Japanese Pop CD...
Top on my list has to be L'Arc~en~ciel's "Awake" album and the initial enquiry was replied with a usual "not available"..
But after intricate combing of the Japanese pop Cds been piled on top of one another, I actually found the silver-colored cover and at only $7 for a China-press..woohoo...
My lass and myself even did somemore indulging with some CDs we had been yearning to own but been put off my the high price at major CD stores elsewhere...

She then suggested going down toward's People Park's Center to check if there would be any unique novelty items to get for them...
After searching a while, we sort of thinking of just proceed back home till we came to this "3 items for $10" store which is part of a franchise to entice tourists in to buy some real affordable novelty items for friends back home...
We did found some nice oriental style decorative items such as wine holder and tissue box wrapper, which would be great as gifts though it may not represent much about our island nation...

An hour bus ride back sure made both of us drowsy all the way especially her would basically was in slumberland 80% of the journey.

In the evening we finally satdown to meticulously go through the complete itinery I had composed on Friday.
Then as we look through the attractions in Disneyland Resort, she became reallu upbeat about it and got very excited of the prospects of gracing some of the nice Disney-inspired attractions...
Our initial plan was to have an economical, concise "Night" Tour ticket which starts from 6pm which would end by 10 which was the closing time of the resort.
But after much consideration that the time was limiting for us to see the gist of the place, we both felt we should spend a bit more to be able to enjoy ourselves to some of the rides in which would not be hindered by the crowd if we are actually going there early that particular Wednesday morning.
However the high prospect of our budget been bludgeoned to submission when we are been constantly enticed by the wide array of Disney merchanises which on the webpage had already made my girl drooled profusely, made us very worrisome...

As I sent her home, her upbeat mood suddenly swung for the worst as the current situation back home was affecting her mood for weeks now...
It's apparent that her father's infidelity had been justified and breaking down her mom especially and slower causes cracks and fissures within her family...
She herself actually is accepting a divorce as long as her mom is happy but it seemed like she doesn't seems to want to let go...
My advice for her was to be strong and lead by example for her 2 younger brothers as they would eventually be the pillars of support for her mom if it does mean that their marriage was to come to such bitter ending...
Once again I think I would assume the role of the listening ear and perhaps the shoulder to cry on (yes Tommy Page's fans I am here as well)

How untimely our trip had become...but I really do wish it would be a nice retreat for both of us..as all Japan trips would do miracle to heal a broken heart and soul....


Japanese word of the day:旅行 ~ryo-kou~ (Trip) Our trip is shaping up well and hope we can go with a peace in our minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home