ぼくの日記

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Life as a Lottery ticket... a lot of miscues

21st July 2005, Thursday

29 days to go for my trip

Toto, the national lottery comes in a twice weekly basis, on Monday and Thursday...
It is the next best thing that could happen to Mom than 4-D of course...
She has a knack for numbers and had no problem recollecting the winning numbers for a few weeks or so, even instigate the pattern of the numbers released..
It seems like the grand prize money for Toto has been snowballed to around 5 million or so after 2 consecutive grand prize without any winners redeeming, so I'm sure mom would definitely been on a lookout for some auspicious numbers (do not query on her source) to make up a total of 6 + 1 special number to see whether she could finally hit the jackpot.
Well as mathematician (and some frail, unsympathetic Maths teacher) would say in view of the chance of probability and permutation, to get a winning set of number from 1 to 45 would means a astronomical probability.
Which is why acknowledging my wretched life, I just feel queasy to part with even $1 to have a go at it...
But with the snowballed prize money of 5 million, no single soul would not be moved (even the now-disfuncted CEO of a certain charitable organization); but seriously I do not have real inspiration for the lucky numbers...and I do not have telepathic power like Jean Grey or Cable from "X-Men" to manipulate which number balls are to be picked...
Anyway i doubt that would deter around 98% of the local population to keeping tab of the winning numbers this evening...

Seriously (in a utopic way) if I really hit that jackpot of 5 million, what would I do with it?
Minus away some tax here and there, there should still be a good 4 million plus or so...which in recent context would not account much.. (the most a packet of roasted peanuts)
But instead in splurging on condomimum and the latest convertible coupe, I think I would really save a bulk of it, and perhaps take a fraction for investment which I really would be clueless to begin with..
But top on my agenda is to clear my loans (study and housing), and of course marry my girl...banquet at Ritz Carlton or Fullerton should be a breeze...
Then a round Japan honeymoon duly follows which would be the epitome to the whole wedding bonanza...
Follow by renovation and acquring new furnitures and electrical appliances I have ever wanted.. I feel it would be smarter to splurge on something you can use regularly than a weddnig banquets which you had no time to dine peacefully and hear complains from squabbling relatives/friends...

But as mentioned I still gotta work and so will my future wife as 4 million would deplete in no time if not used wisely and left some for savings...

Oops, gotta stop building castle in the air...not that you ever care (hey that rhymes..)

Last evening, the 2nd week of "Rock Star:INXS" saw some of the favorites didn't perform as well...
Ty, the punk-style black man, did The Killers' "Somebody Told Me" which didn't impress INXS as they find it is too theatrical
The sultry Daphna did Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "Hate myself for loving You" sounded just like the orginal, without any creative input in it...
Neal, the sexy guy, sang off-key in Bryan Adams' "Summer of 69" which did him no favour even he was playing guitar as well...
An the Avril-Lavinge lookalike, Jessica who sang Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" which as bassist Garry Bear said is "interchangable" to her previous performances...

But one thing J.D. once again was irresistable with his own arrangement for Alanis Morrisette's "Hand in my Pocket" and really start to impress me (and surely the rest of the audience) with his talents...
I also am rooting for Mig, the only Austrailian mate, who managed to conqueor that tongue-twisting "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith & Run DMC...

So I'm putting my bets down that the 3 with the least vote tonight would most probably be Jessica, Neal and maybe Dana (who was unfortunate as she could not feel for the song she performed, "The One I love" by REM and the audience could not feel for her performance too).

Japanese word of the day: 宝くじ ~ta-ka-ra-ku-ji~(Lottery) Never believe is infatuated with it because I detest losing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home