ぼくの日記

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Passion Runs Deep...

27th July 2005, Wednesday

23 days to go to my Japan trip...

Midweek already and really glad time tickles past in such speedy fashion as I can't wait for July to be done and over with...

This week has exceptionally been tired...perhaps I had been in front of the PC screen for too long for the past fornight, trying to do as many updates to my webpage as possible before my trip as well as too captivated with "Shinsengumi", feeding myself with a daily dosage of 2 episodes, anyway I'm coming to the tragic end of the downfall of teh Shogunate, the disband of the vigilante group as well as the death of many of the characters I held so dearly... which was why after my tear-jerking experience of Yamanami's hari-kiri in office last week, I also was very much saddened by the death of Heisuke, the former captain of the 8th regime when he decided to confront his former comrades to death in a case of misunderstanding when his leader, Itoh was slained by some hot-blooded members of Shinsengumi for defection from the group to form his own...

Last night once agin witnessed another treasured member of the group, Gen-san, the captain of the 6th regime died after mutiple gun-shot wounds he sustained while protecting the adopted son of the Buerau Chief, Shuhei...

The "Nakama" spirits is really burning inside me, man....

I also managed to download some Japanese pop music variety show such as Pop Jam and "Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ"...
I caught a X'mas special quiz from I think 2000 or 2001 featuring artists like Morning Musume, Da Pump, Amuro Namie, Hamazaki Ayumi, Gackt, Chemistry and ELT engaging in a trivia quiz with the winner entitled to win an air ticket to the States...
Somehow the Japanese always know the winning formula to spice things up and make the most mundane show seemingly engaging...
You would never had guessed that it was stoic Gackt who went on to grab the prize with his cold but affirmed answers... which was much surprised by the audience as well one half of the hosts, Down town, Matsumoto...

Well now you know what had been keeping my weekday nights alive and cut down my slumber time...

Anyway just want to highlight a behaviur of my dear (and much loathed) colleague, the one and only, Mr JxMMy D....
I mean it is noted about his stoicism as well his cabinet full of adamant antics and gimmicks which can really irk his co-workers...
I also did mentioned before his passion for work itself and live his life for it, which is you model employee of the year pedigree....

Seriously I always would speculate whether when he is off work, on leave or overseas vacation, would he be pondering about what new methodology to concot when he is back at work again..

His daily routine includes stepping into the lab, lock up his personal belonging in our cabinet and start work, stop for lunch for an hour or 2, then work relentlessly all the way till 6 or over (I wouldn't know since I would be home, watching TV by then)

I have nothing to be ashame of..we have a set of duties to accomplish daily, once it's done and no blips or glitches along the way, we are liberated to do whatever we want such as "eat a bit of snake", surfing the internet, chit chat so on so forth.
But for JxMMy, he is constantly keeping himself busy with some new ideas to "improve" the flow of work... all except some trivial chores which he refrained himself from touching...
In light of his full-stream initiativeness, he is regarded so highly by our supervisor and perhaps the company itself... that I have no qualms of..
The rumour about the "under table" income supplement of 10K should be justified with his hard work as well
And of course he would hog the limelight at all time, stealing the thunder from his fellow workers (yours truly included)...
I had tried to supercede him once awhile but he just seemed to be able to create more features such as surfing online for extra information as well as putting query to experts around the world and clipping the entire discussion into an e-mail which he would mass-mailed to every mother's son around to make people putting him so high up on the pedestal...

But seriously what's the motive behind his action?
Is he trying to impress his employers and hope for higher pay? well I'm sure he had established that and could take the foot off the pedal a bit but he is still adamant to his usual activities...
Is he trying to acquire more knowledge so as to attain a higher educational level such as a degree, Master or Phd? well if that's the case, he would have to leave a service lab like ours and go under any other established lab and take up a project on his own..but really doubt he would leave at this junction...

So I presume in the end, it's down to that pure passion which is almost unseen and unheard of in our line of work I feel (this is just an opinionated comment without any basis)...
Kudos to JxMMy...he sure deserves all the praise and regards he got

But for me been an average lad with little aspiration, my workrate would be proportional to the pay I recieved every month..as long as I am up to my task and responsible for my own role in my workplace I guess I won't venture into anything unnecessary...
Which is blatantly why we 2 can't get along especially with our contrasting ideology...

Last X'mas, while he went for leave till the brand new year, he wrote about treating our work seriously as it is an important aspect to science itself..
I agreed but at the same time snubbed his comment within myself...
I doubt if the same note was to be written, the same reaction would be given

Perhaps in the end, he would be the survivor of it all but I couldn't live with such pretenance that had that much passion as him, and whenever the girls claimed that I am losing by a yard to him..
I would always replied, "I don't intend to win him in the first place".
Japanese word of the day: 熱烈な~ne-tsu-re-tsu-na~ (Passionate) JxMMy's for his job runs really, really deep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home