ぼくの日記

Monday, September 03, 2007

My Take on Food Expenditure

3rd September 2007, Monday

It was almost a ghost town this morning on my way to the MRT station as the usual shenanigans of the marauding army of YJC students were blatantly missing..Then it dawned on me that it is the start of the 1 week school break...
Ugh...how I wish I could have a week off work now...

Perhaps the Monday blues is getting to me as the headline article featured on the inaugural Monday edition of MyPaper was on the melancholy of getting back to work after the weekends...
Within the article it looked upon some chronic cases such as a highly stressed banking staff having cold feet and breaking into persperation as well as breathing difficulties every Monday or even on Sunday
The expert psychiatrist suggested some way to alleviate the blues, number one being finding a job you are passionate about...
I don't loathe my job, it is always that notion of not getting ample rest physically and spiritually every Mondya morning that got me down...
But today just a bit more sapped of that bit more zeal that got me through the day, perhaps last evening late night watching of "Knocked Up" till 1 am took a toll on me...
I took one of the sound advice in the list..."No need to rush your work on Monday as you take it slow"... I like that!

The school holidays also mean many parents would be applying leave to spend "quality" time with their offspring (or more of invigilate them in preparation of the year-end examinations)...
However my spouse-less, let alone kids, colleague, BY jumped on the bandwagon perhaps a rather unusual day out on Sunday got her to just wilfully expend her precious annual leave on this day.. Then again she would not be saving for any imminent overseas holiday like yours truly...

My folks were out of town over the weekend as they embarked on a religious trip to Bangkok...
It meant we were on our own in terms of meals over the past 3 days or so...
I love Mom's cooking that's a fact but it became a de facto choice of mine come to my everyday meal... I am beginning to feel I would really run out of ideas of dining outside the comfort of my home...
Another aspect of that would be the requirement of spending on food at a bigger scale than usual...

Had this heart-to-heart chat with the missus over the weekend regarding management of our financial state.. (the same usual topic)
Unanimously we weren't a big fan on spending on food, a typical satisfaction for our local people...
I wouldn't mind dishing out dollars after dollars on PVC figurines mainly for aesthetic satisfaction rather than spending a bit more on the daily necessities,,,
Fortunately I have a wife that understands my lifestyle though I believe I can be quite a nuisance hovering over hers to keep tabs on her expenditures...

It's the final weekend that Yu-kun would be in town and we had another karaoke session with our Japanese friend on Friday and that adds up to more socializing bill which shouldn't be there...
There will be a few dinner sessions for the month of September (gotta check the status of the oust of the Old Hag from our old colleagues as well as Nao from Iwate would be dropping by after a climb at Mt Kinabalu)...
Then we are returning to St. James coming weekend, and gotta get the missus a birthday cake, so basically scouring for reserves somewhere in the bank account is top priority...

The gang went to Sentosa to experience some of their new features like the "Song of the Sea" and Cineblast after badminton on Sunday before ending their activity-filled day with the new Pixar feature, "Ratatouille" which we would have love to attend but we had to go pick my parents from the airport...
Not following them to Sentosa and the cash-sapping attractions sure save me some dough but my wife has a craving for "三盅兩件 Soup Restaurant" for their famous Samsui chicken...
We love to go airport with the prospect of flying off to some exotic locations and I believe many others share our sentiments which is why almost all restaurants have a crowd forming a beeline for dinner...
The dinner was lavish but didn't came cheap... luckily it was an impulse which come in a blue moon...

Perhaps it's time to be a bit more frugal for October and then feast like a gluttony king when we were embraced by all the delectable food in Japan come November..Yohoo!

Japanese word of the day: 飯 ~me-shi~(Meals) Actually it would be just great to survive on cheap onigiri and instant ramen anytime for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home