ぼくの日記

Monday, October 15, 2007

I've Got High Chance to be a Serial Killer

15th October 2007, Monday

Last year this day I was in the process of being congratulated for my big day at Cheng Du restaurant...
Fast forward a year later, married life has it's ups and downs and both of us are still very much in the process of mastering the art of a blissful matrimony yet keeping the flame alive...
No lavish celebration in store for this very day due to both budget constraint as well as being Monday the missus had to attend her weekly session for her sidelines...We surely would make it up in Japan...

Anyway remember John Doe reprised by Kevin Spacey in the film "Se7en"?
The David Fincher serial killer movie always will be a favorite of mine for the ever-rainy goth-inspired city as well as Brad Pitt's inadequate acting back then...
But John Doe's usage of the "7 Deadly Sins" to torture his victims (based on their association with their respective sin) and his meticulous writing of his "bible", chronicling his life religiously and his setting of a shrine in his apartment makes me wonder if my own obsession with my collectibles can draw parallel...
Of course I am happily married and no specific angst towards mankind or the society, but my habitual eye for the most intricate attention with my figurines and how to present them in my webpage surely might propel me into a tendency to be a serial killer since many otakus had been stereotyped as potential to be one (i.e. Figure Moe Zoku which is spawned from the infamous Miyazaki Tsutomu)

Anyway I spent a good deal of my Sunday basically scanning catalogues and packaging boxes of my figurine series to be used for reviews on the webpages...
To others it's perhaps a complete waste of precious time, but to yours truly, as long as I don't cause any disturbances or harm to anyone, I find it really calms me...I'm just weird...
Class 95 was broadcasting non-stop 1980s music which really got me grooving with the flow and the cloudy sky surely make it a perfect afternoon to just laze at home...
To top off a great Sunday, I caught some sitcoms and 2 comedies which coincidentally has the name "Chuck" and starring hot Hollywood actress of this decade both with the first names "Jennifer"...
It was the former (Biel) gives indication why she is constantly ranked in the sexiest women in the scene while the latter (Alba) is still my cup of tea...
There was a strong homosexual theme in the 1st movie which follows the trend from last Sunday and with that ominous entity at work, the gayness sure is suffocating...

Another satisfying weekend was completed with the trip almost in the bag with the collection of the air tickets and the lodging vouchers as well as the final round of money exchange since recently the rate has been back in favour of our dollar compared to the yen...
We had a great time practising "Win, Lose or Draw" in the shop which can be harder than it seems on the surface meanwhile I think I did Ferris a big, big favour by agreeing to be the emcee for his wedding banquet...let's hope I don't suffer from cold feet by then...

The week was completed with more figurines which damaged the bank account and continues to jack the tendency of me becoming a serial killer soon...just kidding...

Japanese word of the day: キラー(killer) I rather waste my brain cells as well as precious time on my figurines than committing homicide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home