ぼくの日記

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

迎接鼠年...The Year of Ratz

6th February 2008, Wednesday

Hours to go before we usher Mr Pigsy and welcome the year of the rat (or mouse or simply rodents)...

The past year has been good to me and seemingly this year has something ominous looming over the horizon as my Chinese zodiac sign seems to enter the "犯太岁" and Mom has already appease the deity on my behalf...
The main objective I had in mind would be getting the long overdue promotion come the appraisal evaluation in April/May... Otherwise I just pray it's a peaceful year for me..nothing too spectacular or dramatic....

Perhaps it's time to do some savings for the future which looks terribly uncertain of late...
Luckily we are not in certain parts of China right now which is engulfed in chronic snow storm...

For the past weeks, many people are downed with the flu including the missus and my sister, which is terribly unfortunate at the brink of uncontrolled feasting with all the New Year goodies...
With the many families of infectious virus mutating so fast that our bodies can fight them, it is always important to build your immune system... I'm just glad my regular work-out pays off its due..

For the quartet of rest days in stall, I think I pretty much have to make my family obligations for perhaps the first day and a half, and then it's just my free time...
Saturday will be reserved for the La Tendo gang while Sunday is for my colleagues and hers perhaps... Perhaps trying to visit my buddy's place on Friday and catch a few movies...
Then back to slog at work for a week and a half before my Wonder Festival escapade...

I hereby wish all Chinese or those who celebrate Lunar New Year (recently just heard the Koreans celebrate it fervently as well), 鼠年行大运,事事顺利!

Japanese word of the day: ネズミ~ne-zu-mi~(Mouse) I think we shall follow the rodent and just sneakily proceed with our matters for this year till the exterminator comes and cease our day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home