ぼくの日記

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Change of Mood

12th May 2009, Tuesday

If ever in my life I hadn't experienced a bout of Monday blues, yesterday might seem to be the epitome of the bluest Monday I had ever gone through.

Woke up on the wrong side of bed and still yearning for more sleep on Monday with the prospect of 4 such wretched mornings to pick myself up from the comfort of my comforter, things surely didn't start off the best way.

On the way to work, I was feeling really groggy from a combination of wanting to sleep and a bit under the weather. If I hadn't scavenged for the elusive seat to begin with, I might lose consciousness in the usual Monday human traffic stuffing on the train. Schools and some workplaces gave their students and workers respectively a Monday off from the Vesak Day that fell on Saturday but still the train was really cramped; imagine a typical Monday morning!

The lack of work to be done let my mind wandering else where as I lamented over a matter which had been bothering me since the beginning of this month.
My contract would be up by June, and under such climate where a job, much less an ideal one, is readily available, I just wanted to secure with the fact that I can secured employment for the next 3 years.
Well it was surely a waiting game till I get the green light from the Human Resource.

Although we had dreaded bringing up the elusive letter which indicates the amount of performance bonus we'll be getting, we were all anxiously anticipating for it and knew it would be this week before the pay day comes. But a Monday went by and no letter was seen.

To add salt to the wound, the delivery of my recent amazon purchase was undelivered and seemingly needed someone to pick it up from a nearby US Postal Service office. I would do it if I was at Portland, Oregon!
I contacted vpost which was the service I used to send the parcel (starting to regret as I might had gotten the parcel by now if I had allowed amazon to send it directly to me); and started wondering they would bother to handle undelivered parcel just to earn that few dollars in shipping...bummer...

A storm swept the island before lunch time and came on and off for the rest of the day. Rain meant that I could kiss climbing the hill to the gym goodbye as the lack of shelter just ruined the mood. I still find that it made no sense carrying an umbrella just to go work out.

Lack of sleep, lack of usual aerobic exercise & my dosage of endorphin, the second half of the day was rather lethargic as I had anticipated and couldn't pit myself to commit to work properly.

Foo once again will be a no show for the live game, at the furthest western stadium, Jurong West. Somehow I had read the signs with my tea leaves for his reluctance to make the trip West.

It didn't take long for me to reach Pioneer MRT station being like mere 20 minutes from Bouna Vista. I had intended to have a quick dinner by myself at the coffeeshop just on the left of the station.
But boy people in Jurong don't eat home cooked food as the place was well crowded with hungry diners.

I thought I might grab something light at the stadium then. There was a couple of restaurants in the Sports and Recreational Center (pretty impressive compared to the puny and dilapidated Hougang Stadium) but didn't fancy spent like more than $10 on food which that might not whet my appetite.
So I just rummaged the 7-11 convenience store there and went on to spend like $6 on virtual tasteless sandwiches.

As expected my team lost the game but in the most heart-breaking fashion with schoolboy errors in goalkeeping and defense.
Gutted with no rewards at the end of it my day ended as I at least got a free ride home.

Slept pretty late so it was no surprise strong sense of reluctance when all the alarm clocks buzzing this morning.

But for sure the blues were extinguished as I got my work out at last despite rain came at the wrong time, strandling me at the gym.
We got the letter and was slightly better than I had expected; even got news from the HR lady that the contract renewal was put on the backseat due to the preparation of the letter. Crossing my finger that I get the renewal before the month ends.
However we also got the news that for sure we are now incorporated to the new group with the imminent departure of Shitty Green...uncertain times ahead, so enjoy while it last.

Also checked the status of my parcel marooned in Portland had been delivered on the 2nd try, so it's all good for now in this 2nd day of the week.

Japanese word of the day: 上昇(Upturn) Surely had been a contrast in events and thus mood within 2 days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home