ぼくの日記

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Plotting and Scheming

2nd August 2005, Tuesday

17 days to go to my Japan trip...

In the Middle East, the kingdom of Saudi Arabia lost a great king in King Fahd and his passing on could be a great loss especially with the peace within the Middle East which has been in turbulent with all the terrorism looming within....
Meanwhile I am down to the finale of my Shinsengumi series, and finally at the brink of seeing the death in the great Buera Chief, Kondo Isami... in the final episode, which I should be watching painfully later in the evening would see friends and subordinates from near and far to try to halt his execution by the Satsuma Clan who finally got him to admit his true identity.

The morning was been occupied by my last few pieces in the puzzle of my Japan trip planning, including reserving the train tickets for my final trip from Osaka to Tokyo and the Narita Express to the airport itself; printing details of Odaiba as well as for the Skybus and finally for the complete itinerary list which we had plotted....

Also had a tiff with my lass after I revealed my thoughts about her wayward spending which kind of spoiled her day..me bad...

Anyway it was confirmed from our supervisor yesterday that the new colleague whom she had mentioned about in the lab meeting would definitely be arriving next week...
As it seems highly probable that he will report to work on Monday instead of Wednesday (the day after National day) as Old Hag of the Admin had instructed and it would be a golden opportunity to know him before JxMMy does as he would be taking leave on Monday itself...
I relayed my thoughts to the girls yesterday to cajole him into our group, playing out extreme office politics, so as eventually he would see the traits and true nature of our so-called "Lab Manager" and eventually labeled him as "Public Enemy No. 1" as well..MUAHAHAHA...
(I can feel my horns and arrow-tipped tail are poliferating as I am typing this)

But to put it into a more realistic way, it's better for me to gain a new ally than a foe in times when I need someone to back me up in certain decision...
Especially I'm in no fantastic terms with JxMMy (we aren't even strange bedfellows since I would even shudder at the thought of sharing the same frigging bed with him)

Of course my plan could back fire on me if I did it in such discreet manner...the new guy would think I am coming too strong (no sexual context please) and he would feel something amiss and I am in the end the bad guy who try to insert with some evil ideologies or doctrines..
JxMMy on the other hand been that stoic, relentless worker as he is might become a true model to emulate...

Well office politics are hard to dictate, one wrong move and you could end up sprawling into a trap which you may not be able to creep out from..maybe should just let nature takes it's course...

Japanese word of the day: オフィスの政治 ~o-fi-su-no-seiji~ (Office Politics) Welcome to the real world, you just gotta play it to succeed..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home