ぼくの日記

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Taboo...

9th February 2006, Thursday

Well at work with the 1st day without YM, everyone tried to get on with lives except there had been various taboos going on here and there...

Firstly is that one of our equipment had to break down at the end of yesterday just as we called it a day and usually YM would be the one liaising with the service guy, but she did handed over all the contacts and we took over that role ourselves like children starting to be more independant.

Secondly the new project which our supervisor is so zealously embarking on kept hitting obstacles and once more no result was seen after several attempts and without YM, you had one less pair of experience hands to tide the situation through.

Then I had a few items awaiting to order and in the past with the rapport I had developed with my departed comrade, I just needed to say a code or something and she would know what to order. Fortunately Triana was "seasoned" enough to handle my request.
Speaking of my Indonesian colleague, she seemed rather aloof to anyone's depatures; very much like getting on with life which should be the case but she could still be rather blur about certain things at times.
Her new tag-team partner Iris, is more nervy now that the senior figure is not there to guide them; and she seemed to be the ideal choice to take over that meticulous role from YM if she, if expected, is to stay for a long period.
Our supervisor had to don that sparkling clean lab coat for the longest time ever to actually get down to the details in the hands-on so as to guide the new ones through.
Bobby seemed disorientated these days and at times really bored as the demand at the service side was insufficient to be shared among the 3 of us and he could spend hours staring into space which really pissed him off.
Hopefully with the new project kicking off, he would be more preoccupied but I am not surprise that he would be the next in line to leave when a better prospect arises with better monetary package.

As for the grand sage of the lab, JxMMy was like himself always but pretty much kept to himself once more, perhaps singing a little requim for the side of him that died when one of his original love interest (no basis) had finally left after so many years....or inside him he could be in delirium that the last of the "3 Witches" who simply spit on his path over the years had finally been removed and he is immuned from backmouthing within the lab.

Well it's JxMMy, no one will know what he is thinking.

This just in as I was composing this post, the "Holy Trinity" seemed to be in relative jovial working mood perhaps they shared the same "greenhorns" tag or perhaps they are closer in age.

The lab had been dead quiet with YM's departure as well as she owned the portable radio set in the lab,therefore no music now available to entertain everyone over the other side which sould be surely and sorely missed by the staff of the neighbouring lab who more than once over the past year and a half, pleaded us to switch the radio on and let the music be their only source of morale support while under ample stress working on their experiments. I would surely missed Joe Augustin in the morning when he is on Power 98FM, with his own brand of humor, parallel to none by anyone in the local English radio scene at the moment.

Being a nostalgic person, I would always remember the good times and perhaps bad as well over the course of the last 4 years with the girls and now no one is around to share that with me on daily working basis (not that I had time for those as well)...Let's hope JxMMy stayed off my course as I had no one else to rant to, perhaps BY on our way back as she has finally been able to go back at 5.30pm daily...

Got the call from CS' friend Adrian yesterday afternoon regarding my portable HDD and it seemed like his lobang is incapable to solve the issue with the tools they had on hand in the shop and needed other expertises which might incur a cost of around $200+ if they succeeded to retrieve the data I badly wanted...

However the price quoted has been way off my budget (as deep inside I am hoping for less than $150, any much more I am very reluctant to pay especially with the financial state I am in now).

A brand new HDD just cost a fraction of that price, so I had to brace myself to bid my files goodbye, especially some for my webpage which I gradually found out that I did not upload to my database and without back-ups, I just might have to start from scratch...bummer...

Not a great week definitely, and sure hope the weekend brings in something to smile about...


Japanese word of the day: 悪態(Curse) In JxMMy's absence, some of the equipments would actually worked better but the greatest taboo is with his return, alot of equipments would tend to go haywire...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home