ぼくの日記

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mood Swing

5th February 2006, Sunday

Yesterday was the 7th day of the Lunar New Year also known as "人日" (The Day of Human Beings literallY) which is to commemorate the birth of the very first human beings (doubt it's Adam and Eve) which was why Chan spent the whole of last afternoon, greeting every mothers' son a happy birthday.
We, Chinese also have the tradition to indulge in a festive cuisine of raw fish, shredded vegetables, minced nuts and sweet sauce we known as "撈魚生" which the La Tendo gang had intended to go for after closing the shop last evening whereas Karen would be joining her family for their own as well.
My family would be having a home-made version this evening, so all is good....but I would have authentic Japanese sashimi anytime though...

Not stock arriving of late which is a disappointment to me but didn't stopped Karen for spending quite a hefty sum yesterday mostly on "One Piece" items while the unpredictable Ferris spent a good $150 on a gargantuan plush of the imaginary rabbit character in "Chobits", which really blew our heads of with his latest acquisition.
And due to so-claimed immense response to the reservation at "My Secret Garden" for Valentine's Day, the staff actually called me to ask me if I would be comfortable to dropby to pay a $50 in advance to officially chopped the seats...I was rather reluctant but with the place a stone throw away from Sunshine Plaza, I actually condescended and asked Ferris would wanna tagged along and it was a wise choice as I had only $4 cash in my wallet and my ATM card is badly chipped so the reader had problem reading it and I had to borrow money from the lad...I felt like a loser for a moment...Ferris himself made a reservation as well so we would be seeing each other in rather uncomfortable romantic set-ups with our respective other-halves...

I made a rather early departure and found my way to my lass' place when she had a rare day spent entirely at home, recuperating from a sore throat while downing a bucket of cashew nuts...right..that is the best remedy for the illness...
Actually she is suffering from a bout of foul mood which she admitted is a result of pendulum-style mood swing and insisted I stayed over to help her tide it through...
With the fact that my RT session actually began this morning and I had to struggle to wake up at around 7, I couldn't oblige to her pleads but managed to hear what's been bothering her..which is basically the same thing about no family warmth on her side but was glad to find it with my family which would be hers as well....
Then she started emphasizing the fact that she always obliged with my requests to stay over at my place and I failed to reciprocate but seriously last evening was with a very valid reason...
But in the end, under the dim light of the crescent and with the refreshing,cool evening breeze blowing we had a hearty talk to wrap up a week which sees us "sticking" to one another, absent in a long long while.

Talking about RT, it duly began this morning as I joined hordes of physically incapable NS-men to the Khatib Fitness Conditioning Center which is a good 15 minutes walk from my place due to the entrance can only be accessed from the main gate while the rear one is at close proximity to my place.
Since this is my 2nd year running I know what to expect of the first session when they would actually do an orientation of the training schedules, rules, facilities etc.
I was glad to see a couple of familiar faces who had endured that 20 sessions with me the last time round and we all shared the same sentiments to be ready for anothe 19 sessions to come..this year without the New Year break we managed to enjoy the last time round, so meaning we definitely have to complete the whole thing...
Without the OC who is always on the ball this morning, we had a rather simple and speedy explaination and got to be released at around 10 and guess what we were actually the last batch to be released...so you can imagine the RTs aren't as daunting and time-sapping as imagined...

Will be meeting CS later as we make our way to Sim Lim to get my HDD fixed (finally) except the shop is not opened on Sunday..URGH!
Japanese word of the day: 気分~ki-bun~(mood) My mood now is not too glad for not managing to finally solve my HD problem but would be well soothed if I managed to get an affordable 17 inch LCD monitor for today's trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home