ぼくの日記

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Yuletide Yawning

21st December 2006, Thursday

On Tuesday, our little tropical island recorded the 3rd most rained day in 75 years of history in meteorological archives with 365mm which is more than the rain poured for the entire December of 2005!

I was lucky I had managed to avoid places like Olive Road or some part in Admiralty which was suffering with flash flood...
The constant raining though bring inconveniences when proceeding back and fro from work; it did brought about nice, cool weather which mirrors the autumn weather in some temperate countries which is most suited with X'mas just round the corner.

The nice, cool weather also make me wanna curl up under my futon-style blanket and waltzed into my dream world... which can be the precise explanation for that persistent yawning I had all day long...

Then again I am like counting seconds to knock off before indulging in my 12 days away from work before coming back much refreshed from the sabbatical on the 3rd day of 2007.
I have generally have done up what supposed to be done which was most deserving after 3 hectic days of mad rushing to get what I set out to do this short week at work.

With 2 days remaining to the highly-anticipated X'mas party on Sunday, I have came out with a list of things to keep me on my toes for the next 2 days:
  1. Seasons Greeting on my Home Page: I have been decorating my page with interesting tribute to the holidays with my figurines as the heralds of the greetings. I have came up with some idea for this years' greetings and I will try to lay them out tomorrow with this being top priority.
  2. Gift Wrapping: Gotta come out with the 2nd gift for the gift exchange and hunt for suitable wrapping materials to ensure the person receiving my gift will at least be appreciative with the wrapping even though he/she might not like the gift itself.
  3. Finishing watching Akihabara@Deep: I am like half way through since Chan passed me the series last Saturday and this absurd but surely not tasteless dorama which lampooned the life and ordeals of "akibakei" maniac/otaku surely is a commendable effort with me anticipating Daruma's cosplay for every episode while smitten by the fighting maid, Akira. I also just realized that both Page and Box are members of Johnny's Jrs, showing that despite their background, they can immersed themselves as otakus without breaking a sweat.
  4. FM 2007: There's no need to explain but I will surely clock another few more days of game playing whether its X'mas New Year or even End of the World...
I am also hoping to do up more for my webpage including the ranking of my collections for the past year but I have next week to contemplate with...

With such weather as well, everything looks really rosy to spend yuletide, just cooping at home (much like a confine-in maniac) and watch this eventful year comes to a peaceful end...

Will give an account of the party next week as well as reviewing 2006 from my personal point of view soon... akan datang...

Japanese word of the day: 猫及び犬 (Cats & Dogs) The rainy weather is perfect for stay-in otaku unless he/she wanna stock up on his/her indulgences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home