ぼくの日記

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Shopping Euphoria

12th December 2006, Tuesday

It's perhaps a hormonal reaction in-build within us to be submerged in the feeling of sheer ecstacy when simply splurging your hard-earn money on materialistic indulgences...
which was exactly what me and my missus had yesterday...

After a weekend when I was too engrossed with the new version of Football Manager (the 2007 edition) in which my ugliest side (I just can't lose) & went rampage at times with my fictitious football team's incompetence (which makes you wonder why I am still chronically addicted to the game), we went all out for a day of mindless shopping extravaganza...at the same time watching our savings been decimated into oblivious...

Most the items were basically in our needed list such as electrical appliances like a domestic cordless phone as well as a hair-dryer or new pairs of jeans though it was supposed to be my need for jeans and turned out she bought a couple of pairs as well after the honey-coated cajoling by our regular jeans supplier from Queensway Shopping Center...

We had intended to just shop along the stretch of Orchard but got time enough to stay within the vicinity of Takashimaya where we had some vouchers from a recent opening of bank account as we witness the phenomenon of late X'mas shopping with the eve barely 14 days away but still it wouldn't be as bad as when u venture shopping centers from 22nd onwards...
Likewise in the case of the jeans, she got fragrances as well when it was my prime objective...

More European cuisine for a dinner to commemorate our anniversary (of becoming an item, yes we still have to celebrate that), but this time no more nauseating German meat overdose but some nice pasta and pizza from a familiar Italian restaurant, Prego at Swissotel Raffles Hotel which I had a nice 25% discount voucher as well from my insurance company as a complimentary for birthday...
Then the root of evil arrived when we lugged our haul down to the new extension in the basement "Marketplace" of Raffles City and stumbled upon the New Balance boutique outlet which was having a 20% storewide sales...
The devil side of mine tore all my budget sheets into shreds as a new pair of shoes and a new slingbag, a couple of items etched within my wishlist for my forthcoming Tokyo trip but now managed to get what I am pleased with yet definitely cheaper to get locally...although I do not exactly the budget for it in this manic end of year period when I had been overspending with gifts and meals-out...
My lass followed suit with a nice carrier bag to top her rampant purchase for the day and she had got the cheek to inform me that she has no budget to adhere to...

With that mountain of items, I suggested taking a cab which is totally opposite to my usual stingy persona though we forbidded the idea to call for one which is a norm in town in evening when somehow you are at the taxi stand and there are zillions of available cab for hire but all are waiting for their station to buzz them of prospective customers on the booking for that extra few dollars.... it's sad...

At the end of a full day of shopping led me to go through my budget so intricately, I put auditors to shame seriously...

Anyway all these talking of shopping, put me in that same shallow wavelength of his Beautiness whom I was expecting to see in town especially his usual gay haunt of City Link and on his day of leave...But I did met a familiar face in LF who was out enjoying some harmonica concert on a Monday evening...

To conclude this post on insuppressible spending, my old man succumbe to his temptation to get this China-brand car in the off-season format, thus the financial burden wouldn't be too suffocating and let's hope they don't regret it by the end of the day...

Japanese word of the day: 消費~shou-hi~(Spending) Sometime something inside just makes you wanna spend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home