ぼくの日記

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Not the Best Time of the Year

1st November 2006, Wednesday

The beginning of the month preceding the festive December and a period for me to clear certain niggling issues of multiple facets...

Two more days to commemorate of becoming really the grand ol' man I already am and this year I had the luxury of celebrating with the love of mine, now officially my wife, at Paulander Brauhaus, the premiere German bar/restaurant with their own microbrewery as my lass had acquired a taste for authentic German beer after 3 months in Europe earlier this year...
Although we are having 20% discount as she had borrowed the membership card from an old acquintance, looking through the cost of the dishes I truly rooting for the fact that our wedding photographer will fulfill our wish of a discount when we collect the whole package just before the meal so that some of the bill will be taken care of...
Yes I am still the same old cheapo despite another birthday...

Despite vowing to be less stringent with our budgets after the whole wedding affairs, recent events which include over expenditure from Koh Samui to unexpected colleagues' functions of hers as well as entertaining our helpers from the wedding in a forthcoming Sunday, we certainly have to keep a close tab on our bank accounts...

A birthday also signifies the closure of yet another wretched IPPT window which is precsely why I am typing this post in the comfort of my home this gloomy Wednesdat afternoon...
Although I had been going to the gymj to get my body to shape for about a year now, I still fell short of confidence to clear the double killer stations of chin-up and standing broad jump especially the latter which requires technique which I am blatantly lacking...
I am 90% sure I can make the cut and will be enrolling for the 2007 class of RT personnel...
And I have like 3 months to book for it which seriously will clash with my Japan trip in Feb and the ICT in April...

Talking about the trip, the probability of La Tendo getting a selling booth is bleak this time round and whether it puts the trip in jeopardy despite a strong roll call of the clique going left to be seen...
If we do go, I am surely will be proposing the trip to begin as the Lunar New Year as the Wonder Festival will be at the Sunday after that (although there may be a chance that it will be coinciding with the New Year itself as mentioned before)..
One good prospect of taking less number of days of leave and skipping my virgin NY as a married man and the prospect of dishing ang-pows
And if I am taking RT then, it will most probably be written off for that period as well...

My parcel for the Moris had reached Hatchimantai in Iwate and was greatly appreciated and reinforce our relationships with our sole Japanese aides (Eriko and Sou as well but we had yet sent them anything)....A short e-mail from Hiroki surely indicates that heart-felt appreciation...

November is also a month of high recall manning from my unit just as of March and July annually...meaning back to the queasy routine being jittery after 2 pm every single weekends when I should be relaxing with my friends or just hanging out at La Tendo...
This Saturday marks the 1st of 8 such days even though Chan had graciously booked a badminton session at Clementi Sports Hall once again...
I would really wish they could give an indication when the activation will be which I am suspecting to be the 1st Saturday of the month...we'll see

My wife will be making brief overseas trips this month as well with yet of her endless Kuala Lumpur expedition for her sideline which she has been rabidly obsessed of since the wedding ceremony and honeymoon concluded...
Then at the very end of November she will be going to France for a meeting as she had mentioned time and again before...the good thing is that it would only be 2 days...

November also see a surge of work to be accomplish but I am well-preparing myself for it and meeting deadlines to thoroughly impress my maternity-bound supervisor and shows her what true role model should be...
However another impending project which is due for completion before Janruary has yet have the kit ordered and it gets to me especially with my super duper long leave break at the end of December
To even extend my sabbatical from work for that period, 2007 begins so brightly with Hari Raya Haji immediately after New Year on the 2nd of Janruary...meaning 2 full weeks away from work...
what a sugar-coated thought to relish upon...

For now let's get through this month which I feel might not be the best time of the year for me... as I wish to go all out for fun yet been held back by so many factors...
Japanese word of the day:抑制~yo-ku-se-i~(Held Down) Longing for emancipation from the clutches of the bloody military


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home