ぼくの日記

Monday, January 01, 2007

Another Beginning...

1st January 2007, Monday...NEW YEAR DAY

With Saddam Hussein being executed days before, 2007 really start on a pretty good note or is it?

Looking back the past year, "eventful" would surely be the theme word as we witness renovations, a job change and ultimately my marriage which seems like a long time now...
Reviewing the New Year Resolutions I have set for 2006, I was quite proud to set with the exceptions of playing God and alter the number of hours a day or having enough to bribe the referees in the World Cup to allow a rather lackluster Dutch team to progress past the 2nd round, the preceding resolutions had pretty much been fulfilled.

WIth Italy eventually won the World title in Germany and our ruling political party continue to reign local government in the election, I also seen me switch a working environment with slightly greater morale and stronger camaraderie though I have some weird bosses and a new nemesis to wretch about in the form of His Beautiness who took over the role of JxMMy D in my life...

The year has also seen companionship readily available at my hand's reach with the La Tendo clique bolstered our relationships even further with now a weekly badminton (or supposedly to be sports) session and now see us spending major festivals together.
My buddy is finally back from his transient, gypsy-style globetrotting and settling well back home and hope he will find more reason to stay in his homeland these days.
My wrecking buddies had been a great help for my wedding and I sure hope we will link up with one another more often than the previous years...

As for marriage life, seeing my lass day in day out, I still feel we are in the midst of the sacchrine honeymoon though still getting used to each other's lifestyle even knowing each other 6 years now and have a little tiff once awhile...
Fortunately we have my family at bay as well model married couples we can look up to, I think this marriage will be a merry one till the end of time...

For the new year, I wouldn't pin too much hope in matching the what 2006 had been for me but I am expecting to do a bit of travelling with a Japan WF trip penned for February and my ICT at Kao-hsiung, Taiwan in April. We are also planning a proper honeymoon to a maple-leaves filled autumn in the northern Japan in November.

As for my career, I will be staying put for sure and hope my 5th year in the organization will see me duly being rewarded with a promotion and a hike in my wage package.
I dunno whether BY would move on as she nearly did months ago but I sure hope things remained the same at the moment without Beautiness of course.

Generally the past 2 years we had seen so many uncertainties in terms of environmental and terrorism aspect, I just hope we can have a peaceful life for years to come though its easier said than done...

The New Year was spent hanging our with the La Tendo clique with the sequel to "Death Note" which amalgams the middle part and ending of the original manga storyline, meshed with alternative characters usage and a twist in the ending which I truly appreciated...Tay-chan mentioned a new story would arise from the ashes for another sequel in 2008 which will keep us in anticipations...

Yesterday marked the final day for Kevin for his "arubaito" at La Tendo and I now know among the entire clique he loathed me the most which I really don't give a hoot and perhaps most deservingly for how I had ill-treated him...heehee

The karaoke session began at 1 in the morning when we ventured into the chasm of Orchard Road literally as the well litted streets somehow been dimmed down with the army of Bangledash workers flooding the streets, basking in their New Year celebration with their cheap artificial foam snow spray cans, hoping to cover some unsuspecting passerbys (especially the ladies) with it...
It got my lass and Karen who was an unwilling victim just outside Plaza Singapura scurrying behind us for protection and got me really crossed for such unnecessary shenanigans and started hurling warnings which my wife got scared I might get into trouble which would almost not happen with the number of our hardworking men in blues, controlling the situation at bay.

We safely got to Party World at, managing to elude from the attention of the "zombies" (which I used to tagged thpse party-feverish foreign workers)...
We began 4 hours of crooning though I wasn't too into Mandarin pop music unlike the rest...buut generally we had fun..
By 5 am, we weren't starting to be famished and we strolled in the less populated streets of Orchard down to the 24 hour Kopitiam joint at La Tendo for breakfast before bidding everyone goodbye for a full day of recuperation for the New Year Day...
Japanese word of the day: 害 ~ga-i~(Mischief) The zombies should just enjoy themselves in Calcutta instead...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home