ぼくの日記

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year Resoultions

31st December 2005, Saturday

Yes we are moments away to 2006, and let's run through the most important event for me for this year (at least for the next 13 hours or so).

Αριθμός ένας (Number One in Greek): The Trip that Binds it All

On 19th August 2005, me and my lass flew off to Japan for my fifth & longest trip to the land of the rising sun.

It was a really special trip as basically we are on our own for most of the time due to my astute planning which spanned 3 locations in Tokyo, Osaka and Iwate and the middle one we had not even been there before; so at the end of it I was quite amazed how we made it through.

Of course the biggest issue that shrouded the trip has to be the way I popped up my proposal to my girl.
I thought everything was perfect with the romantic backdrop of the Rainbow Bridge at Odaiba on an open-air bus to do that proposal...
In the end, we missed by seconds for the evening bus ride and I was compelled to do the proposal there and then; and of all the places, I did it in a shopping mall in the vicinity of the Tokyo train station...
Seriously I am not cut out for this romantic shit, which I had to apologise to my lass for...
In the end the fallout of it was a wedding plan for October next year which can be daunting yet something to focus on the coming year.

That aside, I must say the trip is a good mix of visiting friends (my buddy in Osaka and our favorite Japanese people in Morioka), theme parks and museums (Disneyland, Ghibli Musuem & Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum), historical remnants (Osaka castle, Expo 70 park), natural landscapes (Koiwai Farm, Hatchimantai) and yes lots of dining of great food and shopping which really kept us going; causing us to gain weight and nearly faulted at the airport check-in point for overweight luggages!

A fulfilling trip left a huge dent in our pockets and made me swore to myself not to go to Japan in summer time which have a weather much worse than the arid one we are experiencing here in Singapore...

Despite beckoning by the people in La Tendo to make a short trip in February for the Wonderfest (at least it's still winter), I doubt I would be making trips back to my favorite country beside my own in the coming year, as we had planned for an autumn honeymoon in 2007...

Ok now for some New Year Resolutions which hopefully I can keep...

1) Shaped up well physically and mentally for the wedding
2) Build my dream room with the limited space I have
3) Jump on every opportunity for a good career path
4) Minimise the amount of interaction time with JxMMy
5) Magically altered the number hours existing in a single day to 72 hours
6) Oh yeah and also make Holland win the World Cup in the summer

That's a realistic enough list to keep track on and hereby wish everyone reading this blog for the last 8 months...
A WONDERFUL 2006!!

Japanese word of the day: 元日~gan-ji-tsu~(New Year’s Day) Hopefully there won't be a flu that would originate from dogs to human in the coming year making everyone frantic about their pet dogs in the year of the Dog...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home