ぼくの日記

Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year with Excess to Let Go

8th January 2007, Monday

It's been back to work for 4 days now and the overall mood in the office might be lingering backwards to the recent festivites and long hiatus...especially myself who still stuck in gear 2 to motivate myself more into work, not that there is much to accomplish at hand...

The main buzz had been the D&D coming this Thursday which had some vindicated to keep his Beautiness from our table while BY was too concerned with details such as leaving early that afternoon to go back to prepare so that we could be at Holiday Inn (the venue of the celebration) by half past 6 or whether we should apply for leave the following after the hangover if we gonna have any in the first place, anyway we both did decided Friday he 12th should be domesticated...

Speaking about taking leave I am also contemplating on whether an extra day of rest after the forthcoming Japan trip would be advantageous on the long run as the flight back home would land in the morning of Tuesday which I would surely be on leave but the jetlag (if there is one to begin with) would require me to rest one more day as an option both my wife and Mr Chan unanimously penned to do...

Recently my bodily function haven't had been in top condition... that fornight slacking at home, decimated my stamina significantly which I am still making up for it with some sessions at the gym... but I have to say it had been a struggliong affair especially with a mini flu getting to my body recently which fortunately didn't break into a matured one...
Then during badminton at Clementi on Saturday, I fractured my right wrist till a bone evidently jugging out and my missus suggests I should pay the Chinese sinseh a visit to correct the bone structure despite no niggling pain unless applying force at the fulcrum when my palm is supporting my weight (i.e. doing push-up)...let's hope it corrects itself as I am not game for pain orchestrated by a person I pay dearly for...

Well at least recently my wallet is in better state of health after my first venture into flea market at CSC with my accomplice Chan just yesterday... armed with a couple of bags of mini figurines I felt surplus to my collection needs especially certain ones which I got in complete sets while my aim was really for the other figurines...
Setting price so low I am bleeding loss but at least it got me extra cash rather than lying somewhere at home, collecting dust... at the end of the day I was smarting with a good hundred plus dollars in my pocket after parting ways with some sweet figurines I would keep if I have bigger display capacity...
Of course the money at bay is still way short of a Nintendo DS Lite I had my eye on espeically when fiddling with Tay-chan's on Saturday with very interactive games like "Nintendogs" & "Animal Crossing"...It is still more credible from Kevin who was willing to dish his hard-earn bursary for his studies for a PSP... sure brings frowns to elders like ourselves...
With one of my ol' collector friend, Gary who I huddled in a rainy Odaiba in summer 2004 for the Wonder Festival was beside us with his wife taking control of the sales of his army of figurines displayed in pride on their vast 2 tables, Chan and I had the luxury of our chums like Karen and the Chong brothers to help us and kept us in good company throughout the afternoon especially we the lack of sitting arrangements or really a lot of prospctive customers...
Chan, who brought very few notable items were only to break even and I hope next week both of us will have a much fruitier sales in the coming week...and perhaps better Subway sandwiches after Ferris recommended some "cold cut" one with olives, pickles and onionns and cold ham which he says is his favorite and we are beginning to doubt his taste...
My parents even came to give me some support and Mom even reaped some fortune betting the number of my table for Toto...heehee

Let's hope the rest of January would be really smooth sailing as we usher in an exciting Feburary with the Japan trip in view...

Japanese word of the day: 超過分(Excess) Should shed excessive weight now that it hike upwards again when I weighed myself on my wife's scientific weighing machine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home