ぼくの日記

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Weekend without our Matriarch

25th June 2006, Monday

Mom went for a retreat with the aunties over the weekend to Bangkok...the household once was a in a state of chaos...not really that chaotic with Dad, Sis and my missus trotting between laundry but the lack of home cook food for 3 days in a row was taking a toll at us, once again emphasizing the supreme importance of our mother in this family, not that we had undermined her significance ever...

In a strange twist of event, it was a rare occasion for me and my missus just spent time, cooping ourselves in the comfort of our home for the entire weekend, barring ourselves from our usual weekend routine..me with La Tendo and badminton and her with her business solicitation...
She came home totally wrecked in the wee hours on Friday evening, tendering care to her problematic machinery at work...
On Saturday morning after a brief brunch at Chong Pang, she seemed to be totally drained of any zest and energy...she just wanna lie on bed and recuperate even though it was tough to not attend a seminar she had been eager to attend..
I of course refrained her from going, retaliating the fact that she required rest more than motivational seminars at that juncture and she knew I was right...So we spent Saturday afternoon just taking siesta, making up for the weary we attained over the past week...
Then it was dinner at Northpoint when we splurged a little on costly juices ($6.60 to be precise..yikes once in the lifetime), chips and even Frenc garlic sausages to gear ourselves nicely for the movie treats as I rented the likes of "Music and Lyrics" and "Goal!" DVDs for our usual Saturday night indulgence...

We were supposed to drive ourselves to Clementi Sports Hall to join my clique for badminton, but prying my eyelids to open at 9 am just send that notion into the dustbin almost immediately...
So it was a repeat of the day before as we headed to Chong Pang for brunch, this time with the comfort of our family car, especially essential with the intoxicating heat beating down on us, walking the distance would be a torture...
The entire Sunday afternoon was hot and humid, leaving us too tired to do anything us but just hang loose...me finishing up my "The Office" marathon and her too fixated with the Super Mario Brothers on my NDS...
Meanwhile there was this Burger King meal coupon from Sis lingering on my table for the whole day and sort of sell the idea of having that sinful fast food for dinner which we duly did...
It wasn't the authentic BK we grew to know these days and most probably I wouldn't be having for the rest of the year...

Without our beloved matriarch, Monday's meals had to be settled on our own again...it was eyebrow raising when I asked my colleagues to pack lunch for me at work which eventually I decided to ditch gym to go lunch with them...and dinner now become a tough choice of mine...

Another week to go to get whatever item of necessity or luxury before the GST hike kicks in...
It is also not a good premonition when some of my treasured accessories were not functioning well of late...
My PC would shut off by itself intermittently which isn't a good sign...but it had been doing so since the turn of the year...I ponder on the cause would be some processes that I ran and of course the internal processors could be over burnt with the intensive usage..
However I am just gonna endure with it for the time being since the last upgrade was merely a year plus ago...

My NDS tends to hang once awhile and I always suspect my R4 processor was defective the day I bought from the previous owner...I didn't think too much about it and it is still playable but the idea of replacing it with the R4 which work pretty well for the rest as well as a 2GB mini SD card became a very viable (and much desired) option...

Finally my gravest moment today would be when I discover my Audiotechnica headphones which I acquired from the trip to Japan in February had met the cruel fate much dreaded with all headphones or earphones...the wire within seem to have dismembered, thus one side will lose the ability to transmit sound unless you twist the wire into the proper position...
This is a big problem to someone like myself who need mobile music entertainment and the headphone had been such crucial to that luxury of mine...I wouldn't mind for it to spoil due to wear and tear since I am not the most meticulous person when come to personally belonging..can be quite rough when handling this delicate gadgets, but a mere 4 months of lifespan is absurd....
I will endure as long as it would irked me tremendously with the constant need to tweak the wire whenever I am on the go...but I am praying for a miraculous recovery on it's own...

Japanese word of the day: 突然~to-tsu-sen~(Sudden) I thoroughly detest this sudden twist of fate with my headphones...it should be working longer than this..urgh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home