ぼくの日記

Monday, May 21, 2007

Sleep,,That is What Need..Yeah..

21st May 2007, Monday

Another week has gone and passed, for me slightly in a lackluster manner, but nevertheless the weekend was a good time to catch up with out friends...
I dragged my heavy feet and a heavier heart to week this Monday morning as the sky seems to open up after a brief showers just before I reached my workplace...
It highly seems probable for me to doze off after lunch today, not that I am losing sleep over Man Utd's bitter lost to Chelski in the FA Cup finals...
Haven't caught much of a wink on Saturday let alone forty winks due to the all night PS3 pillaging at CS' place, and no time to recuperate the day after...

Friday was pay day and a few of us went on a celebratory mode in commemoration of the performance bonus awarded with this month's pay by dining at the N.Y.D.C branch at Holland V...
The day didn't end too smoothly as the poor results from a recent project sent my supervisor into doldrums and Shitty Green's current project surely seems like a malignantly-cursed one with all the problems encountered thus far...

My folks left for Genting Highlands and some jackpot bonanza over their horizons on Friday evening while I tried to allow my missus to catch up those episodes of "Heroes" which I had completed before we could both move on to the finale of this current season together, obviously it was to no avail as she fell into slumber before the guy could say "Previously on Heroes..."

It was at Bishan Sports Complex this week for badminton and the attendance was shoddy...
Though my missus accompanied me for it, the likes of Vincent (attending to the sick Miyano beleaguered by a bout of food poisoning requiring hospitalization), Chan (at work), Bryan (most probably too lazy to wake up in in time) and Karen (in the midst of her birthday festivities) are absent...
I had only like 4 hours of sleep, thus understandably not in prime condition for much badminton action, not that it would guarantee me a victory anyway if I was in prime mode...meanwhile the rest seems more interested in those gymnastic children at the other side of the hall...
The crowd at La Tendo was pathetic for a Saturday standard but the lack of new items could be the cause of it...

I met up with CS and Foo at AMK Hub by 5pm as agreed upon... After a rather Singapore-quality Jap cuisine for dinner, we went stock up on the bites and beverages for our night of tireless gaming while I called on my buddy to ensure he could leave from dinner with his lass and her dad prompt enough...

By no time, we got to CS' pad where new luxury gadget items were being displayed but the star of the night has to be the newly acquired PS3...
My game enthusiast buddy got his sleek new game console as a bundle with 3 other colleagues and manage to get (at this juncture) a pretty good deal...
With an interface very much like PSP, some cool features would be the wireless online connection for the playstation network, a full store of downloadable game demos (and even movie trailers) for you to sample before deciding whether to buy it...and even a little PS3 community platform (much like The Sims) for you to make friends with other PS3 users called "Home"...
While waiting patiently for TW who didn't managed to appear by 9 as he previously mentioned, we went through the list of demos CS downloaded...
We had hell of a time racing through rough terrain and getting us killed with a racing game and trying to restrict the number of rubber ducklings killed in "Rub-A-Dub"...
The guys were over-critical over my performance was a ninja in "Ninja Gaiden" and we finally end as a pair of war veterans in the first shooter game "Resistance: Fall of Man" which resembles alot to the Xbox 360 title, "Gears of War" but much easier especially I can get the grip of the game later through the night...

TW finally made his due appearance by 10 and we left little time for small talks before engaged in some ATP action with the Sega made professional tennis game where you could choose the likes of Roger Federrer, Miguel Nadal, Lindsay Davenport or Maria Sharapovia...
It is also perhaps the only game where all 4 of us could hold a game controller and use individual characters...
We only got into the exhibition mode where randomly the 4 of us picked 2 opposing teams of double and slugged it out in a 6 matches tie...
TW's obssession of using Juan Carlos Federer maintained throughout while CS' rabid dislike for Foo's James Blake (baldie) character was hilarious...
We even went far enough to clone 4 Sharapovias for a game and totally lost grip of concentration in a long, mind-sapping game...
But it was all fun especially the game even had small training matches like playing bingo in tennis style...

As Sunday morning beckons, a few of us got knocked out by fatigue and in no condition to drive us home, so the likes of myself and Foo just stayed up all the way clearing campaigns in Resistance, shooting down chimera for the fun of it...
It was around 7 plus, before we decided to call it a day and when I got him I could barely pry my eyes open as my worried-stricken wife who called me at 5 am to check my whereabouts since I promised I would surely be home before dawn breaks...

After breakfast, she drove me down to CSC though with refrain from sleep, I was easily ticked off by the fact that she could not fasten her pace as I got to my booth late again when the guys are already close to finishing setting up...
Business was bleak which i hadn't expected as I thought it might be just shy of pay day for many..obviously I was wrong...
However the lack of activities in the selling front, didn't made me fell asleep when I most needed it...and after a last burst of sales, I managed to clock just over a hundred bucks to be the top seller for this week...
Our swan song promises to be one to beat previous sales records especially for Bryan who is adamant to maintain his prices and usually unmoved by bargains...

I tried contacting Eng Kiong to check whether Karen's b-day's dinner is still on since it was in jeopardy with Vincent and Reedy requiring to pack for their Japan tripthe day after...
Without managing to get him, I just assume it was cancelled and since the rest didn't seem interested in going, so home I returned and finally get the sleep I needed before he called and asked whether I was already on my way to the restaurant...
Maybe we could make it up next Sunday, for a celebratory dinner for out great concluding sales...we could on hope for...

Japanese word of the day: 2 日 (2 days) I wonder if I had the physical condition to remain 2 days without sleep these days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home