ぼくの日記

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pearl Wedding for Mom & Pop

13th December 2007, Thursday

Overheard my parents commenting that today happens to be their 30th wedding anniversary, most probably in Lunar calendar term since they are more traditional...

So amazingly they had persevered a good 10950 days as husband and wife to attain this pearl wedding status....
I doubt Dad would be romantic enough to surprise Mom with any gesture of appreciation but that's the ancestry trait of our genes, then again heard my paternal grandfather who passed away when I was still an infant was quite a Casanova...

Over the years Mom and Dad may have their differences, most of the time due to my old man's temperament and stubborn nature; not once or twice had I mentioned how much endurance Mom holds within her to tolerate my grumpy old father....
But then he has his good points such as taking good care of the family and no form of vices especially womanizing as my father-in-laws could be "proud" of...
Seriously if he had been more tolerant to the little niggling issues in his work, perhaps he might had become his own boss with a well-to-do subcontracting company and we might be living in different condition now...
But it may be a blessing in disguise as we gel much better as a family unit as we remained status quo through the years as a middle income household; and till this day my wife and I still felt staying with my parents was the wisest choice we had made.
They surely are the "gems" of the family...

So ode to my parents and hope they had many years of companionship with each other and hopefully they would be rewarded with a grandchild or two which I know is what they had been yearning for since the day I get hitched...we'll see

Japanese word of the day: 真珠 ~shin-chu~(Pearl) 30th anniversary is Pearl and 60th is Diamond but do you know 90th is Granite?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home