ぼくの日記

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Working my Way to a Promotion

13th February 2008, Wednesday

While switching on my mobile from hibernation every morning (which recently had a barrage of irritants stuck up the speaker or something), there was a welcome message "2007 is the Year of Progress".

It was composed back in August 2006 when I just bought the Motorola Razr V3 cellphone to inspire myself for a promotion after toiling (a bit harsh of a word) in the parent organization for a good 4 years plus with the 5th year staring in my face in 2007.
When I jumped ship to the current workplace, the Human Resource assured me that my past performances would be taken into account and it indeed seemed more probable for me to progress here than the previous hell hole...

However on my first full PMA (Performance Mentor Assessment) on February last year, my French supervisor felt it was rather premature to grant me the promotion as I had been here for a mere 8 months or so...
Desolated by the rejection, I took as a man and vowed to get that elusive promotion the following year...

So I craved on opportunities to impress myself over the past years in both my own work as well as trying to make my presence felt in front of the bosses by volunteering with some tasks frowned upon by others.
However, my acting skills is yet well polished and pales in comparison to that of the Beautiful One who still supposedly is the apple of the eye of the bosses, much also due to his seniority and blatantly ignoring his persistent & malignant style of worming out of doing tedious work...

BY, who had a promotion 7 years duye was rewarded last year and I had hoped to follow suit...

During the PMA this morning, it seems like the probability is high and the ball is in my court... I mean I hadn't been the most enthusiastic or passionate when come to work; but I always tried to lead by example, always admit to errors made (kinda of error-prone earlier on) and always managed to grind out results in impossible deadlines which might has impressed my Gallic-speaking superior...
She mentioned she would recommend my promotion this time round (YES!) but nothing is confirm till come May when we were summoned to collect our faithful letter from teh HR office, then we'll see if I hit the jackpot....Felt it was high time for it as my records at work had been exemplary over the course of 5 and a half years, except for some minor blemishes...

It boils down to the dollars and cents and with the probable global recession and inflation, it is always better to have some money with you...
And also perhaps build on the sum much required if we are going to conceive a baby which had been the theme as usual for the festive season...

I think I had been always lucky in my career, embarking on jobs which can be carefree & always had the luxury to work under understanding bosses who held me at respectable regards...
While the likes of BY and several senior figures at work had been vociferously discussing of a plan to jettison out of here, I am more than willing to commit my service here for as long as they want me and possibly usurp the Beautiful One as the cornerstone of the department which is almost impossible as he would be the last soul to leave here much like in the case of the obnoxious JxMMy D over at the other side...

Wish me luck comes May then....

Japanese word of the day: 昇進(Promotion) I'm still eons away to be promoted as that of the unscrupulous Beautiful One who is a senior research assistant while myself a measly lab technician...should had gone for an Hons in the past...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home