ぼくの日記

Monday, June 02, 2008

You've Been Robbed....

2nd June 2008, Monday

An important day for our national footballing team as we welcomed Uzbekistan to our cauldron this evening for the 2010 World Cup Qualifying Asian Round 3 group game...
A win will be a morale booster for part duex at Tashkent in days time, let's hope I'll be in jovial mood with that result tomorrow...

We had prayed for rain to alleviate our plight for weeks now and our prayers been answered as it was raining the entire week and on Saturday the rain came in full torrents...It'll be great if we were confined to the comfort of our home.
Instead it was a good 12 hours traveling from point to point in our reliable Geely, starting with Changi Airport Terminal 3 as early as 8 in the morning as the missus wanna sent her "up-line" off to her Alaskan getaway, reaping her rewards from her "down-lines" (including my wife) laborious selling of products.
Being a jerk as I am, I just refused to get into the mix and stayed away for the entire time we were at the new Terminal.
Next destination, Clementi Sports Hall as Karen invited her newly acquainted Japanese friend, Chiaki whom had helped her a great deal at the JTB saloon and met up during her trip to Kyoto. Another rare face to see these days, Ferris also made an appearance but left soon the game was up.
After a hearty round of laughters about EK's Ninja aspirations (since Chiaki's hometown is in Shiga, the origin of the stealth killers), we left for China Square Central where I picked up a figurine I was a bit reluctant to do so with respect of my space constraint. However with the deposit been paid, the only option is to buy it.
The missus was interested in the World Book Fair held at Suntec Convention Center and I obliged to follow along as it was pretty nostalgic since my own heydays of religiously heading for the annual book fair which used to be held in World Trade Center.
The modern replica pales in comparison in terms of selection and scale; beside for some China-printed publication, never really perked our interest.
We then left for Carrefour to stock on some snacks and other groceries since it was a rare occasion when we actually drove down.
This was went the sky opened up and it was raining boisterously till early evening when we made our way to our final stop at Kallang Leisure Park.

The weather remained gloomy for Sunday which suited me explicitly as I watched the finale of the 4th season of "Lost" which was kicked ass and left with their usual cliffhanger ending but they did gave an insight of the "Oceania Six" which survived the island.
Then the main menu on my Sunday's platter was reprising the Eastern European badass, Niko Bellic and his adventure in Liberty City on my Playstation.

The game was slapped with the M18 rating due to the coarse language and excessive violence. Gamers were more appealed to the game engine which allowed the player to create endless havoc at anywhere anytime.
As I continued to progress in the game, I grew to understand it never pays to be a goody-too-shoe and I started to transform into a monster on a streaking rampage to rob people's cars, killing mafia and police alike and basically a vigilante which will do whatever it pays.
I enjoyed the shooting aspect of the games and the guide book which I purchased to aid my cause helped considerably but there was no way for anyone to help you to do car chases which I loathe and it kept appearing in this game.



Not the best scenario you want to be in...



After sweating it out to chase this slick driver, Lyle Rivas, last evening I was assigned to kill this snake by the name of Jevyron who hooked up with the girl of my client, an ex-convict by the name of Dwayne.
If chasing car and shooting your prey while driving was a pain, try riding a bike and do so....
The worst part of all I had to drive all the way across town to get to the location before failing time and again which really put me into a pique.
Ended last evening failing to complete the task though my nature would be relentless to complete it...Perhaps on a better day...

The consequence of playing the game perhaps will be getting much grouching and the "F" word become part of your vocabulary and ultimately you will consider carjacking and drive without obeying traffic rules as car accidents are part and parcel of your game...Scary isn't it if carbon copy that into real life...


Japanese word of the day: 罪 ~tsu-mi~ (Crime) In Liberty City, crime does pay... Just shake off your Wanted Level

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home