ぼくの日記

Monday, May 12, 2008

End of the Road

12th May 2008, Monday

~~GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!~~

As the penultimate game of the 2007/2008 season of the English Premier League drew to a close last evening, the fixture that see Man Utd and Chelski went down the wire to see who will win the championship, my beloved Red Devils just managed to squirm a result against Wigan coached by Man Utd's former skipper, Steve Bruce of all people.
The Blues fell short as they would need to whipped Bolton 21 nil at home by then but when Giggs clocked that record appearance for Man Utd and poked in the 2nd goal at the JJB Stadium, it surely wasn't curtain close as fans of the team perhaps the world loathe the most went off to celebrate Fergie's 10th title and Man Utd's 17th overall.
We just needed 2 more to pip Liverpool as the most successful English club and surely hope grand patriarch, Sir Alex will still be there to see it through.

It was a close battle in the relegation scene when Reading and Birmingham fought for survival with the skin of their teeth with big wins over Derby County and Blackburn respectively but Fulham's victory at Fratton Park over host Portsmouth just set the 2 to doom.
Seriously all the teams struggling with relegation (inclusive of Wigan, Sunderland & Middlesborough) didn't seem half bad..with the exception of Derby County for sure.
Doubt the likes of West Brom and Stoke City could match the caliber of this season relegation battlers.

Other European leagues are concluding next week or so and there are a couple that are down the wire as well...
But I am surely supporting the underdogs in this case such as Roma over Inter in Serie A and Borduex over Lyon in French Liga.
Nobody likes a particular club hogging a certain league with the exception of Man Utd of course...heehee

This week marks the end of the road for my closest confidante at work BY.
It is kind of muted on the effects of her departure is on me especially I am not particularly close to anyone else remaining in the office.
Her departure might be positive as my morale might not turn for the worst with her constant complaining and whining but we surely lost a source of entertainment and gossiping.

Her harding mode also helped for the rest of us and her absence will surely be felt as the one taking over just ain't competent enough despite holding a dud Master degree from some dubious American college.
The latter's ominous faction will continue to proliferate once their usual whistle-blowers like BY as well as Shin depart.
I told myself to keep a close eye on their activities but when they stepped on my tail, I wonder how big a reaction I will gather for my rebuttal.

I surely will miss BY's presence as I travel home daily but just had to live with it...

Kudos for the one who pull me into the great place (at least for the recognition, self confidence and most importantly promotion and pay increment since I hopped over) I am now...
We may work again in the near future...we never knows

Japanese word of the day: 道~mi-chi~(Road) I don't think I will see my end of this road as wyet...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home