ぼくの日記

Monday, June 09, 2008

Match Made in Heaven & Hell

9th June 2008, Monday

Over the weekend my life is surrounded by 2 themes... wedding banquets and soccer....

On Saturday, attended my ex-colleague YM's banquet at the Park Hotel, formerly Crown Prince.
Met up with other ex-colleagues from my former workplace and catch up on their ongoings and some gossip about the wretched state of my former workplace.
BY was blatantly missing because of an eye infection from her recent Belgian training stint.
Didn't really enjoyed myself but at least the food was one of the best from wedding banquets I had attended so far.
Partly also due to my heart was wondering how my pride and joy, the Singapore Lions were faring in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

After that mauling at home, many were predicting a landslide victory for the superior home team.
Foo was camping beside his TV as on this rare occasion, our local TV station bothered to show an away game "live".
The boys performed stoutly to hold the Uzbeks at bay till very late into the game when a substitute came on and scored, just as I stepped into my place.. Crestfallen, I could only take stride that it wasn't the romp everyone expected.
We are still mathetically in for the next round but it would be really hard now...

The Euro 2008 started on Saturday evening as well as one of the host nation, Switzerland started the ball rolling against Czech Republic.
It was on the Preview Channel as one of the 4 free matches since I would never pay $53 to watch 31 matches, many of which happening during my sleeping hours.
The Swiss meekly lost to the Czechs but most importantly their talisman, Alexander Frei for the remaining of the competition...
The team which I tipped to win this year Portugal showed their class by beating Turkey 2-0.
I wonder how my beloved Oranje would fare against the Azzuri tonight?

The missus had her own share of wedding banquets to attend and 2 Malay ones on Sunday while this evening we'll see Geneth donning her wedding gown, looking all blissful as someone's bride while HZ green with envy, pondering when it would be her turn...

A new staff came in as the replacement for BY since last Thursday.
A nice chap who doesn't looks his age. His bespectacled and well-manners made some of us speculate that he might be KM MKII but he turned out to be more receptive to everyone and conversative.
His attached status also deemed him safe from the clutches of His Beautiness...

Japanese word of the day: 天 (Heaven) Recently the missus starts to wonder are we match made in heaven....yikes


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home