ぼくの日記

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Work Climate Q2 2008

29th April 2008, Tuesday

April sure seems long enough as we enter a dry month (not literally but socially) of May.
It was so disgustingly hot the past few days; especially yesterday when the arid weather really made me and my missus home bound.
I am also feeling slightly under the weather; perhaps the sudden change of climate had a grave effect on my health.

Speaking of climate, back to work after a good 2 weeks away and the climate seems pretty dormant and dead since I stepped in the office.
This period usually coincides with people waiting for the bonus and perhaps waiting to jump to greener pastures; so the heart was not with the company.
There might be a lack of project due to a lack of funds with the work year waiting to be open in May.
As for my side, the project seems to dangling there waiting for completion while I couldn't really move to another platform as it was quite overcrowded with personnel already.
So I spent like 30 minutes this morning clearing (note: not reading) a majority of the 114 emails when I was gone and just surf around before hitting the gym which a run on the threadmill nearly took my breath and my life away.
After lunch, it was basically waiting for knock off before I was inform I had some things to do which i guess I can only start tomorrow.

Didn't really break into any conversation with anyone, not even BY or my French supervisor...Just kept to myself as I wasn't in a jovial, conversative mood or my usual "leave-me-alone" encapsulation after a long hiatus maybe.

Some minor changes at work would be the shuttle buses had a new wallpaper, a psychedelic pink one which really didn't differ from the old purple one.
The spotlight above my workspace had been blown for god know how long.
It seems like our sissy deputy director had decided to defect to a sister institute but seriously his absence would not be missed much.
And there was no e-mail from the HR to go pick up that sacred letter for this time of the year, so the waiting game continues...

I was boasting to my fellow ICT mate that if I was happy at a work place, the pay package is not a major issue.
For the past year or so, I was pretty satisfied to remain status quo...I don't dread going to work but recently I started to feel a bit jaded at the cold nature of the people here.
Politics aside, I felt jaded maybe because I am really bewildered even at this age at what my direction in life will be...
Let's hope the sacred letter will perk me up with its scheduled arrival and I shall be the guy who used to be a close chum to the loud BY and hit the gym daily, rain or shine.

As for the social aspect of things, the La Tendo clique remain to be in the path of recuperation though no sight of Chan nor Ferris for the longest time.
EK took pain to try to organize movie outing or another badminton session, but no one seems interested.
Caught up with CS on MSN over the weekend, and he strongly discouraged me to refrain getting a Playstation 3 due to recognize lens issue which bug several consoles around the world. Well I'll monitor the situation and decides, anyway not many games really interest me at this juncture and my sole interest was that Blu-ray disc reading capability.

The missus did a newspaper cut out on an offer at Fullerton Hotel over the public holiday periods in the month of May which incurred some interest in me as well especially with the good memories we had back in 2003 when we stayed at another 6-star hotel in Singapore, Ritz Carlton.
It didn't take long for us to make a reservation and a good way to inject some romance into our married life perhaps....
At least dampen the dry month of May alittle.

Japanese word of the day: 乾燥した (Dry) Not just the climate...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home