ぼくの日記

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Couldn't Get Any Worse Than This

13th November 2008, Thursday

Thursday the 13th...so much more ominous than the Friday version....

After woken up from a weird dream featuring my buddies, my wife and some of the most popular young actress in the J-dorama scene right now, I had a rude awakening that I am pretty late to prepare for work...
As I struggled to keep my eyelids open, I noticed the "on" green lighting for my PS3 when i could had swore I had switched it off.
Then the most calamitous event (at least to myself) happened when I discovered the PC had been shut down when it should be left operating for the night as usual...
Immediately I questioned the missus who was still in the midst of waking up herself and she replied she hadn't touch anything and I'm sure of that.

However when I try to restart the computer, the clicking of the button just failed to activate the CPU.
I had encountered this previously and by the prehistoric way of unplugging & plugging the power point should do the magic but not this time...
Something was amiss but I can't seem to isolate the problem... Panic turned into a ball of uncontrollable angst as I tried in vain to resuscitate my ailing computer and it was killing me, so early in the morning.
I had no regard of time...I was baling like a baby while turning violent to eveything along my path...But I just couldn't get it to work again....

I hate when things spoiled on me especially my dear IT gadgets...At the pinnacle of that list, my PC holds the dearest spot... Any sign of non-functioning makes or break a grown man like myself because my life is so much bound to the tool which occupies such majority of my leisure time at home...

Suddenly something died within me and I need to get it back urgently... However in reality it was still Thursday and it was close to 8 am, I need to get to work, regardless of how I wanted to just revive my precious one now...
I did and did so in that benevolent mode...hurling things and slamming doors whenever I want like a kid not getting what he wants...
I knew I shouldn't but it was my channel to vent out that frustration inside... The missus who remained silent the whole time I was acting childish, finally snapped back but by then I had left the apartment..and we both started our day with a bad taste in our mouth...

I couldn't get into anything en route to work and the constantly jerking MRT who went into unexplained halts throwing the entire army of disgruntled passengers cramped within the cabins didn't help much.
The silver-haired uncle with his sunglasses on such a gloomy morning like this were recollecting his old days or whatever to a wife who couldn't care less...while their IT guy son was doing some last minute work before a long day at work...

It was drizzling still when I reached Bouna Vista and I thought I had left the brolly at home and braved the rain to work, oblivious to getting quite drenched.

When I log on the MSN Messenger, I noticed an unread email in my mail box and it was from Mindef...something about manning ops which surely any hope of a good day for sure.. Luckily it was just contact tracing for perhaps an ops in next March...

There was shit stain on the bowl when I went to do my daily bowel movement exercise and surely it was some explosive shit for the guy before...not a sight I want to begin the day with as well...

The remaining of the day I just brace myself to do what ever minimal work we had (gosh I couldn't even douse myself in an insane workload to let me forget my sorrow) till knock off time.
I had wanted to take off this very day but we were down to the skeletal crew plus I also dread going home to look at a CPU which wouldn't work...

When I called my PC doctor, CS, it seemed like the feasible answer to my problem was that the power unit failed on me and hopefully a simple replacement would resolve it.
However I was in fear that all information would be wipe off through the break down which I wasn't even there to witness it...
I'm thinking the crazy amount of ligtning last night might had be the root to all these crazy electrical problem we faced but my power unit had always been cranky (always start itself after I had turned off the PC)
I had contemplated into ungrading the entire PC but I wasn't too looking forward to reinstall everything from scratch and I still want some files inside my current unit...
Of course I wonder CS would be at my beck and call...any period of cold turkey from my PC would be excruciating and I would never be the same jolly guy without it...

Perhaps the missus are still fuming over my behaviour and perhaps she would had thought I treated a computer with higher regards than my own wife...perhaps she was right....*sigh*

On a listless and gloomy Thursday which the global stock markets took any tumbling, I just wished everything could return to status quo....

Japanese word of the day: 惨め(Wretched) This couple of weeks surely had to be the worst I had in years




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home