ぼくの日記

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

12th April 2005, Tuesday
A pretty leisure filled day for me as they said it's the calm before of the storm, seems like our collaboraters would be delivering an avalanche of sample plates to be processed in the very near future...

JxM D, the O.C. did not apply for leave tonight...urgh, so generally spending his afternoon mugging his administrative stuffs (which could be left undone in the first place) while attending to all this adoring and endearing customers/fans...As for myself I spent my after lunch hours, captivated by the intriguing climax of "Samurai 7" while issuing views on Katoots whilst having a good laugh on Eddy's conquest of Boon Lay Girl as well as Azarel's rants about mating rituals...Which is why I cannot deny why sometime I love my job...

However this bring me to the curx of today's rant about the appreciation we are actually getting. I mean I doesn't mean to be "lobo" (slacking) but there are times when I started work from 7.30 am and kept me preoccupied all the way through to 5.30pm... I treat my responsibilities and tasks with upmost dedication, thus it's fit that my company showed some appreciation in the form of a performance bonus...

Well it's dued time to award us since we had our usual bonus package (in which most civil servants had received last July & December) been absorbed by our institute itself ..
Rumored that the money was used to further upgrade our "state of the art" building even further...
Thus everytime when I took a serious view of the automated laboratory door to the arty-farty signboards to the LCD PC monitors to the automated taps for the sink in the lavatory (which always breakdown by the way), my heart aches even more (as my colleagues love to spite, "Your Bonus over there ah!)

An Indian principle investigator who out lab usually collaborates (or slaves under), even forced the institute to satisfy his personal vendetta as he wanted to show a rival research institute that we could be fully automated as well by acquiring a robotic system which cost a hefty $800,000...arghhh
Dr. B.V (or whom we love to call "Se Ban" 色板 ~吝嗇 (stingy),好色(lechrous), 黑色(black) 的老板~), just spent an entire bulk of supposedly everyone's bonus for his personal "white elephant"...

After an informer leaking the fact that the expected April Performance Bonus could just a deceit, I feared each and every second that his claim would come true...

Morale is seriously in the dumps and hope some salvations could appear as the truth unveils...

Actually even a 0.5 month bonus is very crucial for my eternal happiness:
  • I have actually set a budget for my Japanese trip in August.
  • The trip's budget is fixed thus it would resulting in me using my personal savings.
  • This would affect the projected target I would like to have for my wedding budget which I hope would be realised by end of 2006.
  • If the budget is been down-sized, a lot of extravagant expenditures like a lavish photoshoot would have to be sacrificed.
  • My prospective wife-to-be would hate me forever for not able to satisfy her "big day", thus my utopic future is been ruined...

I don't know many of us are actually comtemplating on a change of working environment that would actually appreciate our efforts at work...
Of course then I would not be enjoying my current laid-back life, man I'm in such dilemma...
Then again money could be an important factor to lure me away, so prospective headhunters looking at this post, please "shower" me with contracts with better monetary packages and benefits...

Shall end here as my sister who could be the only one gracing my blog, complains that my posts are really long-winded...
By the way, you should be go back mugging for your examinations instead of reading this!

Japanese word of the day:ボーナス ~Bo-nasu~ (Bonus) In dire need of one!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home