ぼくの日記

Friday, April 15, 2005

Yeah a bonus, what's next ?....a house?

15th April 2005, Friday

Coming to a roller coaster week in week I was so dampened and crumbled in my morale level to a fantastic bonus package set to me to an orgasm I had not experienced since my last surprise (which was so long ago, I couldn't sketch it in my mind)

A pretty short day for me since I applied leave for my administration stuffs with my parents at the HDB for the transfer of ownership for my current place...

So I waltzed into my lab, and once again a "love letter" from you-know-who, this time in dull red marker, slightly resembling blood (don't tell me he got menses too?).. more bad news this harbinger brought, but in such high spirits I took it with a pinch of salt...

Then my boss told me JxMMy D's wife who had a recurring health problem (I sincerely wish her quick recovery) is down with the sickness again (slipped disc? a trip to the gynea?), and of course a caring hubby like our dear friend had to accompany her and unwillingly had to apply for emergency leave...

On other days (like the past Monday), when the workload is managable I would even hound him to take his leave (which last I check still holds at 867957578586087 days, this stoic and boring freakass never applies for leave, I tell you)... However as you guys would know the Germans had started their second plates invasion and I am withstanding the end of it all by myself...~~ don't wanna be all by myself anymore (Air Supply you there again?)

Plus I gotta serve those god-forbbiden mother-sons/daughters from my institute...man I need to quicken my pace...which I found out that I still had the bounce on my feet since yesterday... money sure makes my life worthwhile...

However I notice another point of animosity arising from another part of my lab, it seems like my colleague BY is still pretty bitter over the fact that she got a lesser bonus package, and could sense the tension everytime I'm near them and the scoff in their words...
Hey to keep the records straight I'm on your side, girls... But then again, because of slight difference for the fun of it... "HA HA SUCKER!"... ahem, if they ever read this I think I would have no tomorrow...

So very routine stuff that preoccupied my entire morning that I had no time for my daily dosage of internet and barely had time to finish my lunch before Dad came to pick me up..

Well my father is you typical, ego-headed & remotely-funny guy who is very talented and down-to-earth but due to lack of luck and his temperament, if not he would be a very successful man...
He loves to lambast about his wretched job & life, no one seems good enough for him at times...
Seriously even my mom been the only one that could tolerate his behaviour for the last 20 over years, grew weary at times.. she sure is a very patient woman...
Anyway I mentioned that I wanted to to drop back home to grab my bank book so I could pay a rapid visit to the bank, he then kept persuading me to not go as it would really crowded this time...he could have told me he needs to get back to work after our HDB appointment..

well in the end I did go to the bank and it was a dead town..me 1: dad 0

At the HDB office, a lot of paperworks needed to be done and clarified and Dad once again wasn't too impressed the whole procedures and got off with his usual whining..
Then as the officer slowly went through the doubts with us he brought up the same questions we just asked moments ago...
Well my old man did have a hearing problem after years of toiling at the construction sites which are always filled with high decibels...
Lastly he even was anguished by the fact that our apartment's value depreciated from the cost they acquire back in 1996, oh there's something call economic recession and property depreciation...

Well my obstinate old man would remain the same forever I guess...

Japanese word of the day: 親父 ~Oyaji~ (my old man) He sure is one of the kind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home