ぼくの日記

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Grass is always greener at the other side

13th April 2005, Wednesday
Yeah mid week already, no music for me for my lofty MRT journey from Yishun to Bouna Vista since I had forgotten to recharge the batts for my iPod...bummer

well the 1/2 of 2nd legs of the UEFA Champiosn League fixtures are completed with Chelsea (as expected) edging Bayern Munich on a 5:4 aggregate into the semi-finals despite losing in injury time at Munich Olympic Stadion 2:3...
Meanwhile in the hotly contested derby tie in San Siro, Milan, the refree had to bring the game to an early halt due to the crowd hurling flares into the pitch as Milan was leading 1:0 (3:0) overall with 19 minutes to play...although UEFA still yet to decide on whether the result was to stand, it's apparent that Inter in dire needs to score 3 in 19 minutes against an unbreachable defence of Milan especially against an in-form Dida...

Well a pretty hectic day ahead as our German collaboraters had loaded a tonne of plates to be processed (maybe upset due to Bayern's failure in the UCL)
My P.I. always assured us that there's no immediate hurry to clear the entire bulk, but deep inside she fervently hoped we can process as soon as they sent the newer batch...

So I appoint myself to do the purification process of the entire batch...
If you give me a choice that I could stay in the nice,cosy robot room, keeping a watch on that $800,000 "white elephant" from churning out errors while you are gone (all the time) or stay within vicinity of JxMMy D and served thos ungrateful ingrates/bastards/ ass-freaks in our insititure, I would glady take the formal even though I had to routinely replace the water supply and clearing the waste as well as topping up all the crucial materials , much like taking care of a baby..

today's big rumor that really made me and the girls to sit up is the fact that a fellow lab tech from the "Se Ban" 's lab after years of wretched slavery and lament on the thoughts of moving on to greener pastures had finally tender her resignation to join National University Hospital, serve that bloody Ban right for always made his staff overworked and very unappreciated...

Talking about unappreciated , for me the monetary appreciation is very crucial which once again leads to the bonus issue...
It looks increasingly that the absence of the performance bonus is a forgone conclusion

sigh...perhaps we should really start looking for our greener pastures as well as two usual suspects , my colleagues BY and LF would eagerly in search of a job that would duly rewards you when it's time to do so...
Let's consider my own preposition:
Pros of a new job
  1. Higher Pay.
  2. Bonus included.
  3. Better benefits
  4. More Leave
  5. Better job satisfaction.
  6. Need not tolerate JxMMy D
Cons of a new job
  1. Heavier work load thus more stress.
  2. Bad employer (who doesn't buy you afternoon tea snacks like egg tarts, durian puffs and most importantly Mee Chiam Kueh ..Yippee!)
  3. Worst colleagues than JxMMy D
  4. Longer and inflexible working hours
  5. Longer travelling time.
  6. Worse off medical benefits.
Sure is a dilemma , thus I called my girlfriend who was off work schedule to bring me out of the doldrums...been grouchy for the past 2 days, her response wasn't the sweet and hospitable one I was hoping for...
She did struck me hard in the head that despite a better wage and bonus package I might end up unaccostumed to the new environment and for one who is too dependant on a comfort zone my roots in my current workplace could had stretched too deep in...

Man I felt I'm a unaspiring wuss who is lack of a solid ambition and high aspirations to succeed in life..
For me once again as long as my family is with me , all healthy and well and we are not stuck in any financial predicament, everything is aye okay
But my green with envy could be the source of this paradigm from shifting...

well I would be staying put at the moment for I could not afford to let go the job as I still have a Japan trip in August..so any new venture would have to procrastinate till next year...

Anyway no other job allows me to read the entire editorial series by Azareal for the whole afternoon as I let JxMMy to wipe my ass as I vamoose towards the pick-up point for a free ride back offered by my father (yoohoo, another $1.54 saved on travelling)...

Japanese word of the day: 緑 ~midori~ (Green) Whether the grass is greener on the other side, only I will find out for myself...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home