ぼくの日記

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Requiem for Lab Harmony

2nd June 2005, Thursday

After yesterday's confrontation between my supervisor and the girls, the already strained relationship between the 2 parties... I went to dinner with the trio at Holland V, for one of their "support" session as they laid their qualms and expressed their angst as they usually would...

It seems like our supervisor decided to throw her authorities to suppress the girls' actions against JxMMy D whom the former cherished so much.... It became scarily blatant on how she would side him, and the girls had now been labelled the "troublemakers"...She also brought up past incidents, as ancient as 3-4 years back when even I had joined the lab... Now the girls just pray to clinch a new employment opportunity to elude fomr such injustice...

As for myself I would want to stay a year or so while looking for greener pastures at the same time...Plus I still had "big plans" coming along, therefore a stable income source is very crucial to my basic well-being.... so better stay off the tails of JxMMy and my supervisor (even how wretched life would be), everything should remains generally the same....

A good start of the day nevertheless with Mom really cheerful after striking lottery last night and a pretty handsome sum I must say... well sure is a nice beacon in the ocean of gloom in my family especially after my father's retrenchment episode...Another thing to look forward to is the installation of new air-con system my parents had acquired a week back, so cooler air for tonight onwards with less electrical bill incurred...

Also was glad that JxMMy is taking 2 days of urgent leaves... at first I thought its to nulify the awkward tension between him and the rest of us after yesterday's incident but then that wouldn't be his usual thick-headed, insentive image he has always projects.
He sent me another of his signature long essay type SMS to intricately convey all the stuff he had done and what is to be done..and this time incredibly reached 5 SMS at one go...
Sickened by the string of messages, I rebuked by claiming I had the slightest idea what in the bluest of blue hell he is blabbering about...

Later on, I was updated by my supervisor on the fact that JxMMy's wife was admitted to hospital and he has to accompay her, making me feel bad for my reaction in the morning. Thus I dropped him a SMS to wish his wife speedy recovery because afterall no matter how much I despised his work attitude and little gimmicks, I don't mean no harm to him nor his family...

Well it's good to run the show by myself once more and with the workload managable, I am also able to do some personal stuff (updating my webpage, writing blog, surfing internet) now and then...
All was good except I ran a wrong purification program in the morning thus ruining the results of a bunch of people who entrusted us with their precious...ssss samples...

And as expected the air in lab was tense as the girls took meticulous actiosn to avoid repeating some of the faults our supervisor had found in them yesterday such as making a din to a state that other people would complain... I can forsee a revolution but a somber one, and in the end the revolters would leave one by one... and gradually my supervisor would replace them with a batch of new crew that would adore JxMMy and shows her enough "respect" which we did not stop showing at any moment despite the animosity towards her love-child...
Japanese word of the day: 尊敬 ~son-kei~ (Respect) Our supervisor thought that the girls have lack of that for her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home