ぼくの日記

Saturday, May 28, 2005

I like to Move it, move it... MOVE IT!!

28th May 2005, Saturday

Had a pretty eventful day yesterday...

Another of the P.I. Symposium like what we had a month ago....so more free food to keep us full and drowsy the entire day and the dry talks given by some of the PRC PIs aren't helping much at all.. Once again the "vultures" & the "hyeenas" are on the prowl for food and this time ticked off our deputy director whom we affectionately known as "Goofy" as he arrived half an hour late, to discover no food left for him...

Back on the work front, JxMMy D cooped himself in the robot room, trying to come out with a script (the one he called "semi-manual" for out new kit so that he could cut some slack on the pipetting which he find ineffective in doing. He also managed to find some protocols and information on a flourescent-spectrometer which our supervisor just made a casual mention the day before...This caused a little furore among the girls and myself...It sure made everyone looks bad for his extra effort and it might turn out to be unnecessary as the whole process might npt be put in use....When you thought relationship is on the mend between him and us, he would go drop that touch to ruin it all over again...バカー 野郎!!

I met up with a couple of buyers today, and earn myself an useful $65 ...
Buyer 1: Bought my "University Square" comic compilation, even bother to come to Bouna Vista MRT station to transact...However I had to take a few minutes off work to scurry down the slope to the station, a good workout nonethless..

Buyer 2: A young Malay lass who bought a Dir en grey concert video I bought about 5 years back for lile $90 back then but selling her for like $50.. the main problem that I thought would arises is because it is a VHS instead of the usual VCD or DVD at currect technological advances would be the standard...but I need the cash and she seems like a "easy lamb" on the chopping board, I'm all out to "bully" her to fulfill the deal... after been "played out" a few times before when prospective buyers bid without asking questions and back out after realising the nature of the item... Afterall this particular "Minah" made me scrambled up and down Dohby Ghaut MRT station to look for her presence and wasted a few precious minutes on my phone bill to locate her.... After aggressively coercing her to buy it, I left for La Tendo immediately because I was a bit off schedule

La Tendo was badly in short of manpower with Vincent off to Japan and now they had to put a person at their booth at the Orchard Road's "Singapore Street Fest." which comes in conjunction with the annual Great Singapore Sales...Therefore they had to enlist Karen's help to tend the booth today (Saturday)

Then the trio of me, Karen and Ferris had to rush down to Plaza Singapore to meet the ultra-cool Chan who was waiting for us impatiently yet pretended that he was cool about it... But in the first place I did not fix a time to meet him at the location...My girlfriend joined us for dinner a few minutes before the movie... The movie, "Madagascar" was really hilarious sure is as good as the "Shrek" series the same Dreamworks SKG churned out not too long back...
It's always funny to see animals assuming human roles and the Indian-accent, self proclaimed king of the furrbies of the Madagascar island, Julien (subbed by the famous Ali G) really steal the show...
My poor girlfriend was totally exhausted and doze off halfway through... I felt bad asking her to join us when she was so drained after a long day at work...
As she tried to retire early for the night, she was badly bothered by her laptop which had the LCD monitor went out on her, I know it's hard to sleep like nothing happened when an appliance you held so dearly in your heart suddenly went bonkers on you out of the blue.. Hope everything turned out better for her the coming week....

Japanese word of the day: 事件 ~ji-ken~ (events) Plenty of events happened over the last 24 hours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home