ぼくの日記

Thursday, May 26, 2005

空島へ一行!! (To the Island in the Sky!!)

26th May 2005, Thursday

Poor Dad, yesterday must be the worst day in his life...beside been retrenched, he went to operate on his left eye which contracted cataracts resulted from the past works which really left him in extreme agony the entire night long...

Meanwhile Liverpool did the impossible to come back from 3 goals down in their UEFA Champions League Final against the mighty AC Milan to score 3 in 6 minutes in the 2nd half before the former baffoon known as Jerzy Dudek saved a couple of penalties in the PK shoot-out to allow the unfancy Liverpool liftng the cup this season...

Yesterday evening I was very much enthralled by an anime series I had missed for a while.. the series that brought me back to fall in love with manga and anime a few years back.. the one about Luffy and his pirate crew in search of the ultimate "One Piece" pirate treasure..the one they known as "One Piece"

I was continuing the series which I had last left off from my VCDs collection which is at the end of the "Battle at Alabasta" arc... and their journey to Skypiea... There are some intermittent side stories at first before Luffy and gang gain knowledge of the island in the sky from Mont Blanc Crickett... The interaction of the crew is especially interesting in the anime series perhaps the way the seiyuus (the voice actors) acted each characters superbly which we cannot feel the atmosphere in the pages of the manga...

I could understand the story better with the anime series and a lot of inside jokes were told much properly.. which is why it is always advisable to watch the anime series after reading the manga of the same title because the seiyuus sure can make a vast difference with their performances...
And my fave member of the crew had a very comedic presence for the last few episodes I have watched...
Usopp is not the most popular character of the lot as polled on Arlong Park, but in him I saw a lot of myself...
A coward by nature yet a true man in spirits... Love the way he grew mad with every out of this world decision made by his skipper, Luffy; the way he cowered in fear behind anything or anyone he could find when face adversities; the way he always tricked the gullible Chopper on all the things he had not done...


Usopp: My Idol...

Alright gotta go continue watching my series before I could return the DVDs to borrow future episodes...

Japanese word of the day: ワンピース(One Piece) Still a fave anime series of mine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home