ぼくの日記

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Saturday Night Out with the Clique

22nd May 2005, Sunday

Still feel a bit burnt-out from the escapade with the La Tendo Clique last night....

On Friday night, Ferris buzzed me a SMS, beckoning me to join them to watch "The Amityville Horror"; and for once I step out of my enclosed hermit's shell and condescended...

Wanted to leave home early but a typical tropical storm just envelope my place, making mobility really difficult and I wouldn't want to get wet the moment I left home...

So I got to La Tendo by around 4 plus and despite the rain and the lack of new stocks, I can still see a pretty stable Saturday flow this day which signifies La Tendo's status as a renowned reputation as a friendly toy shop in Singapore...
Waiting for Karen to appear as she claimed she would make a stop at La Tendo first and she duly arrived at only 5 plus... Once again drizzles forced us to take MRT down only 2 stops to Orchard as we would be having dinner at the Burger King outlet at Wheelock...Chan was already there waiting with a tinge of impatience for the fact that everyone was late including Ferris and his alleged interest of affection (please don't flame me if you read this and it's not true altogether), ZW...

We took too much time chatting and eating with only minutes away from the time the show would start at Lido...and somehow my bladder is really loaded with all th coca I drank, and not to spoil my show, I made a pre-show toilet trip... The miserable Lido 7 is pathetic small and the seats were not particularly comfortable... so the show started and the rabid-craze girld up in front would shriek and scream at any horror/non horror moment... people around were sniggering at their gimmicks but seriously everyone would be appreciative if they just shut the hell up.... Midway thru., once again i knew I had to go to the toilet again, and sitting in the middle of a row of 5 with minimal room space is not helping the cause... I was to the Gents freshed from a scene when a young boy in the show was haunted by a scary apparition during his late night loo trip and the little hidden Gents at the side of the theater with not a soul inside sure made me imagine things...luckily I was out of there fast enough which at that point a girl also vamoosed out of the theater ready to relieve herself but her face was well shocked perhaps from the movie or she really need to go...she rushed to the hidden Gents without consideration before realising she made a mistake, that scene was pretty hilarious...

The short movie was pretty anit-climax and ended in under 90 minutes, felt a bit robbed..But seriously the night is just beginning and you could see young (maybe happening) people starting to flood Orchard; and in our original itinerary was a karaoke session...However only Ferris was hyped on that idea, ZW claimed she would just be following suit and the enigmatic Chan went on his aloof mode once more...The price was deterring at K Box especially for Karen and we then went on the next hour looking for a better spot as well somewhere to have a drink which is difficult to spot one in vincinity available in wee hours and not crowded... So as Ferris and Karen were drenched thoroughly in perspiration and Chan started to give his usual out of this world crap suggestions... Finally we came down back to Prinsep and settled at Mr Bean, a 24 hour coffee joint (once again after Ferris' failed attempt to get everyone into his karaoke session which I felt he really was in to that the entire time)...

Even Mr Bean was badly cramped but did eventually get a place in the air conditioned (what air conditioned?) interior..Many people were glued to the TV to watch Man U versus Arsenal for the FA Cup final.... Out of the blue, one of ZW and Chan s' friend appeared to join our chit chat session.. a lot of conversation on typical ice breakers like job whinings, movies, urban legends and ghost stories, vacation spots etc... All these time the usually chatty Chan was fixing his eyes on the TV on the other side and kept mum... I mean it's ok if you are no social animal but I'm sure he is the only one to know everyone at the table most and yet keeping that awkward silence... even ZW was pretty into the conversations at time... by 2 plus, we decided to call it a night and once again Karen was the unfortunate one to have take the cab back alone since she is the only one staying at the West... I reached home at 3 plus (creepy after the movie in which it was 3:15 am when a horrific massacre takes place).. I doze off watching the "One Piece" anime DVD which I borrowed today while waiting for my hair to dry...

Few points that I could conclude today:
  1. Chan is strange, period...
  2. Lido is not a good theater to go anymore
  3. Ryan Reynolds from the movie had a well-chiselled body...
  4. Rabid screaming girls in theater can really spoil your watching leisure
  5. American horror movies still trail their Asian counterparts by some distance in the scare quotient
  6. Karaoke in town on weekends is expensive
  7. People love to hang out in town at wee hours when they should be dozing back home
  8. Burger King meal sucks a lot which makes me miss the good old BK meals
  9. None of the people in the clique are decision makers and would simply waiting for the next one to make the decision which unfortunately has to be me at times (in fact most times)
  10. Man Utd need to get back to the books after losing the FA Cups finals to bitter rival, Arsenal in penalty shoot-out and leave a dreadful season without trophies..
  11. This little get-away which is unplanned yet cost me a bomb and now I had to go back to my budget book to contemplate on ways to put back every cents I spent...
    Japanese word of the day: 奇妙な ~ki-myou-na~ (Strange) Guess who is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home