ぼくの日記

Monday, June 06, 2005

"Too-Much-Prata" Man

6th June 2005, Monday

Can't believe the weekend just gone by with the blink of the eyes, but such a phenomenon is really common to me...
Back to work, JxMMy still taking leave to stay company with her hospitalised spouse; seriously he may not be a great colleague but he would jolly well be the best husband she could ask for...

My girlfriend stayed over my place on Saturday but she was really beaten by her job over the past week, so we did not spent much "quality time" together...
Sunday morning, we accompanied me parents to have a heartful breakfast of roti prata at Upper Thomson Road.. my mom "blanjah" (treat) us after a mini windfall last week (4D followed by Toto), but we were disappointed that the shop featured on a culinary show hosted by Fiona Xie last week had closed down (what?!) and we have to settle for the neighbouring "Prata House".(which I had came before with my buddies after a midnight show of the dreadful "Casshern")
My mom was mildly disappointed that the famous Prata House did not feature "mini pratas" in their menu as the now-disfuncted "Prata King" had before..She also wanted to try the Paper Prata but the attendant said it would require too much space on their wok and they had to keep the pratas hot and ready to satisfy the maroon of customers starting to flood in by the time we were there

And he wasn't kidding, people started filling the store like locusts on a healthy wheat field and you would be amused by how disarrayed the attendants can get...Their pratas are not famous not no apparent reason, as the prata is fried just nice with the crust well done and not too hard, and the ingredients added true to what they claim... I believe the couple sitting beside us was amazed how much we could eat as we went through a few rounds of order as we would sample variations of pratas like egg &onion, cheese, mushroom, banana & also chicken & sardine murtabak and mee goreng... The cost is econimcal but not particularly cheap..one pathetically small "kosong" (plain" prata easily cost $1 (daylight robbery!) and the murtabark costs like $4.. But this didn't deter the crowd from coming in at around 11am when the churches' Sunday session were ending.... I could swear on the morning alone, our Indian prata hawker-friends could accumulate an earning up to thousands....

On the way home, I bemoaned to my lass that she had been too preoccupied with herself, even during her off-days, and that we had starting to see each other less and less (this weekend was the first time I have seen her since our screening of Madagascar) But seriously I do miss her presence once a while but even on my own, I have plenty of things to do as well...so I just moan for the whole point of moaning.. But with her work schedule clogging all the way till July, we could only salvage whatever that was left behind after her other commitments like giving tutions, work-out sessions, her part-time business, her continuing chase of her fave boyband etc....

My domestic broadband network was going from bad to disgustingly unsurfable.... Since Friday evening, the downloading process is going at an uncannily slow rate and as mentioned a couple of days back, even normal internet surfing was hindered.... I really would like to know what's the reason behind this and hopefully any fault would be rectified soon and everything would go back to normal...

This week we will see MJ would get evicted for his acts and we could be seeing the end of the fiend we used to know as the "king of pop"...

This weekend should be bustling with some diplomatic activities as some toy collectors from Kuala Lumpur are coming down to our island for some toy hunting; and I would be trying to meet up with them.. well we'll see of there's any gulf between the toy collection scene between our countries despite the obvious currency difference of course....
Japanese word of the day: 遅い ~o-so-i~ (slow) like my internet connection now


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home