ぼくの日記

Friday, July 01, 2005

Not even a Mirage in Sight...

1st July 2005, Friday

Welcome to the barren, desert deadwood known as July... 31 long days of mundane, routine chores with nothing to look forward to at all...
More on that in a while...

Last evening, made a last minute, impromptu decision to dropby La Tendo which had just loaded with a shipment of gashapons; thus could make myself handy to help out in some packing of the sets and since Chan was there, company was assured....

The lad had been forced to take leave as his plant is shutting down for a week; and he would be getting excited about his forthcoming Hong Kong Trip with his friends and Eng Kiong & wife middle of this month...lucky chap...of course he had to give up his Japanese trip for this...

I thought I would just stopped by and get done with my purchasing within a hour or two; but it's an unspoken writing on the wall that I should and never would be constrained with time whenever I'm at La Tendo which as the name implies "a heaven of fun" for me...

So I got home by 11p.m, all weary, drowsy and famished... Had to shower and savage on the cold dinner; when putting sleep on hold as my hair dries itself and digestion of the belated dinner is almost done...

Therefore it could not be blame for the lack of sleep this dawn as once again I woke up to the rude realisation that it is still Friday..but fortunately it's already Friday...

Anyway back to July...

No event to anticipate (No I don't care that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting married on the American Independance Day)... No public holidays in sight, and I had to scrimp on my annual leave to appease the huge chunk I would be applying for my Japan trip...

Perhaps not much company from friends (like Chan who would be going for his HK trip) as well as my girl who would be going KL next weekends for a convention...

I had to curb on my expenditure as well due to the movies, dinners and whatever nots that I had be sinfully indulging in for the past couple of months...

So back to the hermiit's way of life...

Well local public transport companies are not heping my cause when they decided to enforce the price hike on the tranpsort fare starting this very day..so for my daily trip back and forth from work, it would cost me 3 cents more per trip...which totals up to 30 cents per week, $1.50 per month, $18 per year.. $18...damn it.. good enough for me to watch a movie and dinner at MOS Burger...sorry just love to rant about our local dedicated garbage transport providers...

The worst thing about July is that I had to endure every single day towards August for my long-waited and anticipated vacation... one that would let me take a breather..one that I would spend like a manic Wacko Jacko in the antique shop; only to realise I don't have fortune like his to splurge; one that would change my life (and martial status)... one that I would see my buddy at Osaka and my beloved Iwate home-stay host, the Mori family...

Actually I have butterflies in my stomach, as I would be the one running the show for the first time when we would cross 3 prefectures over a fornight time, trying to make use of every precious minute to enjoy the very essence we are going there for; and hopefully no big mishaps would happen (remember to tuck the lucky amulet/tailsman Mom got for me in the wallet).. and most importantly one we would really never forget in our lifetime...

Therefore the oasis of this arid July would be the ample time for me to do all the intricate planning and reservations and contacting all that need to be contacted, so that when August arrives, I can take the feet off the peddle and just enjoy the ride....

Japanese word of the day: 砂漠~sa-ba-ku~ (Desert) Hope not everyone's July will be as dry as mine...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home