ぼくの日記

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The shoes eat into my flesh...

21st June 2005, Tuesday

Back to work after a 3-days sabbatical... Just laze the day away, because really geared into the vacation mode which is 2 months too early...

Anyway yesterday accompany my lass downtown to do some shopping as she was in dire needs to get a dress for the wedding of Benny & June this coming Sunday; we were supposed to get our air tickets-JR pass package from the tour agency but we are way too early for collection.

After a great day spending on watching "Gokusen" on my PC as well as the pilot episode of "Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji Part 3" on our local Chinese TV channel, my fatigued girl who had been on night shift the few days before decided to just stay over since I was on leave the following day...
But she was still deep in slumber by 10 plus in the morning when which we should be start off our day...
We were supposed to drop-by the "Osaka Prefectural Government Singapore Office" but since we only left for town by noon, I took the initiative to postpone to somewhere in July...

2 issues to accomplish at least for the day:
  1. Get the dress she wants. This was suprisingly fast as she managed to find a nice tube-dress which she used to shun due to her broad shoulder and fleshy arms. However with renewed confidence (I sound like a spokesperson of some body-slimming center here) of her work-out routine and encouragement from me, she finally able to don a piece of garment she wished to wear for a long time back.... The dress really suits her physique and I have confidence she would steal some limelight on Sunday...of course beside the plump incarnation I called myself...
  2. Book the Osaka 1 Day City Tour at JTB saloon at Takashimaya. Served by a Japanese lady named Uchida who is hospitable and patient enough to do the reservation for us which was actually a breeze. I was quite astonished when she uttered some Mandarin to another Japanese colleague; which makes me realised that the staff here require a certain level of multi-linguality to serve their assortment of customers better. Anyway she called today (which is just a day) later, stating that our reservation has been processed. Wow, that's fast...

With the 2 prioritised issues been taken care of, we have like the luxury of few hours to just shop around..from boutique to bookstore to audio CD and visual DVD retailers to even manga and toys outlets, with the Great Singapore Sale on full force as well as the primary/secondary school still in the midst of their mid-year vacation, the town was filled with crowd usually seen in the weekend rather than a usual Monday afternoon like that...

Of course the allure of the merchandises were hard to resist as well but with a constraint budget both of us felt the need to remind each other not to indulge in any unnecessary splurging...

However even on such a half day excursion, I had to spend $20 on food which is a heart-pain to me even now at the thought of it...
Well the Venezia fat-free ice-cream was good but the spicy Char Shu Ramen from "Ajisen" just kill some of my tastebuds as the soup was a bit too much for me to take while my girlfriend just breeze through her ultra-spicy "Volcano Ramen".. neither of which can come a yard close to compare to the authentic ramen we had in Japan of course...

Beside the expenditure, I had to wear my new Scholl shoes for this shopping trip and the mouth of the shoes are literally eating my flesh, resulting in painful blisters which really spoil my day a little...

Got the news from the horse's mouth that my future in-laws' (my girlfriend's parents) is kind of on the rocks as her dad seems to be over-indulgence in his work and neglect her mother at home alone.. Really hope this would be just another little episode between them which happens now and then as they would patch up eventually, because an impending divorce would be really too much for her to take...

But my body, mind and soul have been geared too much for my forthcoming Japanese escapade that I'm oblivious to everything else happening in the world around me a little...just way too hype up,, now have to count down the seconds for the faithful 19th of August to arrive..urgh

Japanese word of the day:買物 ~ka-i-mo-no~ (shopping) Haven't had a nice opportunity to go shopping together with her for a while now...




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home