ぼくの日記

Friday, June 24, 2005

Shoo shoo..Tax-men!

24th June 2005, Friday

Woohoo Friday already, and no better way to pass through it without much obstacles, any ordeals or even trivial hassles... and it seems like on my work front, things are basically taken care of as the problem with the clean-up kit has been reported to the vendor and awaiting their response next week; while we have conjured up an able substitute for the time being...

This morning, my colleague, YM (yes the same one who is infatuated with her nuptials fantasy and owns a blog with one sentence post) was busy filling an income tax form to be remitting her tax into Giro instalments...

She then asked me how much was my tax last year...
I could barely recall, it seemed like eons ago..but surely below $100
This brought me to my senses that it's income tax remittance time of the year...
It seemed much overdued as I could recall receiving my tax form in May last year, almost instantly from the closing date on end April; this year the In-land Revenue Authority only starts sending the letters in late June.

Well it's like opening up my monthly handphone bill, never know how much I am to cough up.. (anyway I'm starting to dread my mobile phone subscription as I am paying month after month seemingly excess of what I have been using; but been tied down to the bloody contract till next year, when which I will definitely change a service provider for sure)...

Anyway with my inclusion of my unemployed father into my records, I was hoping to limit my tax to the minimum...because I don't really have much budget for that (yes I can spend a few hundreds for my personal toy collection, I would scrimp a minute amount of money contributed to the welfare of our nation..yes I'm such a shelfish being, go on BITE ME MONKEYBOYS & GIRLS!)

YM's tax remittance is around $100+ which is quite puzzling since her income is defintely lesser than mine...
Then BY advised on paying that amount via a monthly $10 instalment by Giro, instead of letting the government suck the full amount from you at one go)..wise but don't really makes much sense to me as eventually the money will be extracted by them, just a matter of time; which tells how generally how people manage their money, by the health of their bank accounts:

If I have excessive money, goodie..can spend more.
If no money, then must start to fast and eat grass.
No measures to fall back on...

Anyway it seems like keeping a budget like I do is fustrating as the budget would end up been exceeded almost everytime... (;_;)

Talking about my old man.. he got into one of his petty fit last evening.. for no apparent reason...
Mom was just joking about something he commented about the local drama series after dinner and to carry on the joke, I just turned off the TV set.. Suddenly his face just filled with angst as he lacked that basic sense of humour & blasted at Mom...
This was a bad taste in the mouth for myself, leaving my sis' boyfriend who had just arrived feeling pretty awkward , pondering what dysfunctional family had he came to...
My mom sure is the most magnanimous and patient wife to put up with the shit, his insensitive and unhumorous husband had hurled on her...
Japanese word of the day: 収入 ~shu-n-yuu~ (income) Somehow my pathetically small income is still large enough to be taxed by the gahmen...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home