ぼくの日記

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Ugh..Not Again

17th July 2005, Sunday

Spent my Saturday morning with my lass but not too long for her to have a good rest before her last working day of the week...anyway would see her a good deal of time tonight...

Went to my weekly pilgrim again, this week without the likes of Ferris, Chan and Eng Kiong who were most probably had the time of their lives down at Kowloon, Hong Kong then...

With the meticulous Matthew and the blithe Vincent at the helms of things, things can get quite out of hand especially on a crowded Saturday afternoon , and with the new "C3 Hobby" promotion which is giving out $1 voucher for next purchase upon very $10 spent, a lot of confusion is bound to happen as occured with $100+ unaccounted for at the end of the day....

Loke was there to help them set up some wireless network so that they could share internet connection to KJ and guys at "Tri-angel Toys" as well as Jeremy at "Muffled Monsters"...Karen came as well pretty late in the afternoon..
I took the opportunity to update the guys about my little proposal plan during the forthcoming Japan trip and hope to find sometime for celebrations when the few of them are there after the Wonder Festival....
Karen went a job interview at Animax as program coordinator most probably in view to find some market resarch as well as planning probable program schedule for that anime network..very interesting job which she claimed that a couple of interviewees even knelt and begged for the job desperately.. as for her the cut in the pay package to about 1K less was too hard for her to swallow...so she had to wait for the 2nd interview before deciding.

Plenty of new stuffs arrived in stall and I had to curb my temptations for get a few items, perhaps due to save more money as well as the fact that I would be able to spend on those when I'm in Japan, anyway the allure of the figurines was once again too hard to resist...

The main aim today was to collect the 2nd part of the "Shinsengumi" series from Tay-chan which he was supposed to pass it to me a week ago which he had forgotten..
So with full intents, I dropped him a SMS to remind him about in the morning and fresh from the last episode I had just watched in my 1st part, I was in full anticipation to go on a marathon today as Kondo and gang decided to exterminate the harmful threat of Serizawa which resulted in the establishment of Shinsengumi....
Therefore when Matthew handed me the discs I accepted it with maximum gratefulness till when I was back home in the evening to find out Tay-chan missed out the 1st disc of the 2nd part..URGH!! And I could not continue my series till perhaps later on today as I assigned my lass who was attendinig Japanese language class around the area to pick it up on my behalf...

My parents were off to Johor Bahru in the midst of twilight to attend the 80th birthday celebration of my paternal eldest auntie, leaving us home to fend for ourselves with a big pot of spaghetti..
And yes I have confirmed to take a day of MC tomorrow as mentioned a couple of days back..well planned perhaps..aye
Caught with my buddies this morning...over MSN messenger as well as via phone....
TW was well smittened by the galore of new figurines produced by the big figurines companies like Kotobukiya, Kaiyodo, Max Factory and Good Smile Co. with me providing the "poison", especially he had the luxury of Namba Den Den Town to supply him with his needs and wants...
Meanwhile, a long-awaited call from CS who is in the midst of completing his driving lessons so as to prep him for his practical test on the 10th of coming month.
He also beckoned me to join him the world of the MMORPG "Guild Wars" which he described to be the number 2 thing to occupy his life at the moment (the 1st being the quality time he need to spend with his girlfriend)...
I really doubt I had that kind of time to spend playing online game at the moment, but we'll see...

What a way to spent my serene, peaceful Sunday afternoon with the Republic of Singapore Navy summoning me back all the way to Changi Naval Base to have a good look of how I have became as well as donning their spreadsheet of attendance list with my elegant signature..UGH!!!
I assume that the recall activation was done for the year with the one in March..but no..my unit had other plans to gave an impromptu one on a nice July Sunday like this...
Well everything turns out well as I met up with a old BMT/Navy friend, Lee whom I have last encountered in March as well..
He was kind enough to give me a ride home since he himself is living in AMK, not too far from my place..
He had to rush down from work as he was in the middle of his shift.. We had a good chat update on our jobs, the latest NKF fiasco, politics etc...
And the fact that he is working in the same company as my girl, it's good to hear another point of view of how degenerative their workplace can be...
& of course a comfy ride back sure beats a long, tiring ride of the 3-Tonner truck which was the sole transport service they provide us with...

Japanese word of the day:失望 ~shi-tsu-bou~(Disappontment) the moment I tried to transfer the episodes of the Shinsengumi onto my hard-disk only to realise I'm short the episodes I badly wanted to watch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home