ぼくの日記

Monday, August 08, 2005

New Kid on the Block

8th August 2005, Monday

11 days to go to my Japan trip...

My chirpy morning was well shattered by the fact that my beloved audio-technica headphone's chassis was tore apart at the right ear-piece....my heart was well sore with devastation as it had only lasted me for less than a year (since I bought it in my Japan trip exactly a year before)..
Now I need to search for the strongest adhesive available to heal the wound my precioussss...has suffered...

The trip to work would be really monotonous without music but glad to find some solace in a junior of mine from NUS, Tiong How who has shifted to Sembawang and on his way to NIE where he is in the midst of his one year course on his quest to be a teacher...always good to meet someone I haven't talked to for a long while...

The main feature for the day is the arrival of the new colleague, Bobby...
We kept teasing BY to prepare a huge can of cat food as in her brood of street cats there was one sharing the namesake of our new co-worker...
However the morning was filled with thousand & one scheduled tasks to accomplish and not had the opportunity to talk to this quiet giant (he stands at 1.82m!!) who was hogged by conversation with my supervisor and a series of routine paperwork and briefing.

I did bring him to the sole foodcourt within our vicinity to purchase his lunch and had an adequate chat with him at the lounge while we dined.
He seemed to have thought about further his studies in life science and hope his stint here could propel him towards his dream...
However he seemed well accustomed to do any job openings available to him including a well-paid prison ward post..

How could I ever thought I could manipulate him to go against JxMMy when he was feeling daze and groggy the entire afternoon as I gave him an insight of our job,,,
Perhaps been his first day he was still tense of the new environment or perhaps he is still trapped in a bout of flu and the medicine is making him drowsy...
I myself had a dry throat after all the briefings and explainations to him as well as the girls who wanted to learn the ropes during the period when me and JxMMy would be both overseas,,

But I feel I seemed to have equipped him well with some basic idea of how our service was run as well as giving him opportunities to hands on, much contrary to my very first day 3 years back when the "Shit" did not fill with much details except more his useless trivias and lame jokes...

The girls find him kind of like a piece of emotionless "dead plank" but it could really be because of the reasons given above..Think the first impression wasn't too propitious...

However Bobby seemed to be a bit slow to pick things up which might be good meaning my position could yet been displaced... man I hate that schemeing side of me...

This eve of the National Day ended pretty fast with all the briefings and surprisingly compunded with much workload on a Monday which most would take leave to enjoy an extra long weekend...

And I had to go through a single day at work..without doing some routine internet surfing (:_:)

Back to mending my broken heart and my wounded headphone.....

Japanese word of the day: 同僚 (Colleague) A brand new one delivered on our doorsteps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home