ぼくの日記

Monday, October 17, 2005

Deadline: 1 Year

17th October 2005, Monday

Yes back to another brand new work week after very much subdued by the fact that 48 hours of the weekend once again vanished with the blink of the eye... Need not carry out anymore experiment or hypothesis, it had been well proven by every living soul I know....

This week begins with a twist despite BY coming into our office this morning, her sole interest was to pick something up (including the anime VCDs she requested from me) and not to kick start the week together with us. Bobby, being the most junior and supposedly-versatile member of the lab was shifted back to help out Yimei with the project, meaning he was required to report to work as early as 8 in the morning, unlike his favored 8.30 time slot. However from the girls, his reputed standard when working on their preps now is almost identical with the attachment students, and he had a tendency to fade to black and oblivious with any errors he had committed. Nonetheless, he is a good worker overall.

The thought that I had been harbouring for this entire day was actually to fulfill my plan from the start, to get my wedding done and over with by next year...
As for the exact time, I guess with all the traditional auspicious thinking as well as hoping to make it for autumn in Iwate for our honeymoon, I think next October would be a good time.
And if we can't find an earlier time to go to the Registry of Marriage, we might as well add into the mix when we are going through the traditional stuff.

I feel I would lack the lusture for all the preparations if it was dragged too long and with the fact that my lass' mom is so adamant to move out of their current flat it would be best to expedite our wedding proceedings so as it would not be a hassle if she had to settle to a new location before officially move into my place...

Now the big problem lies in how am I going to raise the money for the wedding ceremony...

Let's do the calculation:

1) Wedding Banquet (20 tables) - $14,000 (if each table cost $700)
2) Wedding Gown, Photo album, car rental & whatever not - $4,000 (should be able to get something not too lavish yet not too frugal)
4) Honeymoon (Autumn in Hokkaido & Iwate) - $7,000 on my part alone
5) Registry fee, and other niggling cost - $3,000
6) Room Renovation and acquisition of furniture and appliances - I guess around 10K but I will try to split with my lass which she has planned to do so to begin with, so $5,000 on my part

Ok you can easily do the calculation and you need no schizophrenic mathematician with a "beautiful mind" to sum it up, I will at least looking at around $30, 000 to commit into the entire project...

I had an almost guaranteed source for $10K, and it was rumoured that I could advance some money from the insurance (life/saving??) my mom had been paying for me for a good 10 years or so now, which I hope would be around $8K or above
Which means I need to raise $12K myself in the next 300 over days myself which can be an astronomical sum for someone who has a pretty extravagant hobby and earning peanuts crust particles...so savings would play a very important part and hope I win 4D/Toto/ Big Sweep soon (even when I don't even play)
Of course the good news that my study loan would be coming to an end in June next year, but I will only have like $1,600 ($400 X 4) more in October, a pathetic 10% of the sum...
So I better pray for a mega-special bonus package in April but i forsee should be around the same as this year's of 1.75 month but I would be very glad to have that by then...

We'll see if I could really raise the money for the proceedings by then, and whoever reading this and have like a good $20K to spare a good pal/buddy/friend/acquintance of yours (and not infringing any legal barriers), please let me know ..yah of course those pesky financial planners/ advisors... I need you to give me money soon and not the other way round...

Japanese word of the day: 三万~san-man~ (30,000) I wish I just need 30000 yen instead of S$30,000 for my wedding

2 Comments:

  • Hi! Was blog surfing (in office!) and caught ur site. Me is nippon supporter (not anime but kimura takuya) like u & taiwan boyband supporter like ur lassy...Tony Sun!!
    Just wanna ask, how did you manage to add Jap characters onto ur blog? I mean w/o to right-click mouse and encode it...
    I can't seem to figure it out. What's the trick?

    By Blogger NamiE, at 10:53 AM  

  • btw, I can be reached at olafsnackjp@yahoo.com since my blog do not have comment tagboard.
    Arigato ne!!!!

    By Blogger NamiE, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home