ぼくの日記

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Eyecandy or Sight for Sore Eyes?

12th October 2005, Wednesday

I was totalled worn out last evening and was supposed to enjoy the latest episodes of "Tsubasa Chronicle" and "Bleach" which I had highly anticipated in watching (especially the latter with the 2 hours season finale); but drowsiness slowly overwhelmed me as I was catching 40 winks as the show progressed and waking up, bewildered with the storylines...Angered with my succumb to sleep I rewinded the show to better understand the actual story, only to fall into slumber once more. I did managed to complete the "Bleach" episode on the 2nd rewind but my focus was not really there to absorb the story....

This morning on the morning show with Glenn Ong & Flying Dutchman on Class 95FM, the "bros" focused about a male entity that had drove the ladies (especially the aunties and housewives) wild with his smile and presence, the one and only Bae-sama...Bae Yong Jun...As they implored on how this Korean actor could create such unsurpassed phenomenon in the entire East Asia...
His new movie, "April Snow" will be hitting the theaters this week and hordes of fans would be making the beeline outside the cinemas for the premiere (like real)

The lads on the air wondered what makes Bae-sama ticks and endowed him as a female-alluring sensation...
Was it that stoic and one-dimensional smile that captivated the hearts of all his female fans?
Was it that pair of glasses that is the window of this soul that make the fans' flustering to adore him and kissing the very ground that he walked?

Seriously I'm no banter for this Korean megastar...and I find his masterpiece dorama, "Winter Sonata" a bore, having caught the pilot episode myself...(not even remotely compelled to watch the 2nd episode)

But was gutted me is this madness that swept everywhere he went from Singapore to Hong Kong to Japan to Taiwan as if he was a living aphrodite that would be the very answer to woman's ultimate fantasy and orgasm...

His acting like that wry smile of his is really one dimensional, and there are 2868456845635746456087890780680867979567858659689769079685453452452676596969
Japanese actors out there that could kick his butt in terms of charm and appeal (Kimura and Fukuyama anyone?!)
well then again I can never understand the mentalities of the deprived aunties anyway...
There was one reported case in Japan when a 71 years old grandma who would travelled from her countryside to Tokyo on her own despite objections from her kids and granchildren, just to catch a glimpse of her idol...man this man got very detrimental effect...keep your mothers away from him!!

On the same note, my colleagues (the girls) and I would always be baffled by the success of the very Taiwanese boyband that my lass adored...

These 5 lads, 4 actually since one member became almost non-existent once he hurt his spine during a game show eons ago, had such huge following in Singapore alone and my girl would religiously attend all their events and missing a concerts would be unthinkable for her...
But seriously they are very overrated in terms of their singing, acting etc. etc.
The most irksome fact would be that they would always project themselves as the most alluring guys on the planet, unparellel to anyone else..but hey their gullible and "blinded" fans would be quick to back their claims...

But similar to Bae-sama or the Taiwanese boy-brats, all those busking in media spotlight would always have people who idolises them as well as people would hated their guts and cynical about their success...However one should always follows what my lass does, by being oblivious to anyone throwing brickbats about their beloved idols, even from your truly...

Japanese word of the day: アイドル~ai-do-ru~ (Idol) I would exterminate anyone who claims my beloved Takako as a "flower vase" in the doramas she acted in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home