ぼくの日記

Monday, October 10, 2005

Bickering over Nothing

10th October 2005, Monday

What a weekend it had been... condolescences going out to the 40.000 victims and families of the South Asian Great quake in Pakistan and India as well as 1,600 trapped in a massive landslide in Guatemala...while there was jubilations to countries like Holland, Italy, England, Croation, Serbia & Montenagrio, Angola, Paraguay, Ecuadour, Ivory Coast and Ghana for successfully making into the World Cup next year in Germany.

For me it hadn't been a rosy Sunday at all...

I was looking forward to a nice time to spend with my lass after not seeing her for a week or so now, but being Sunday evening, it could be a bit mundane and with Monday on the brink of arrival, one's spirits could just not been lifted...

Everything was fine as her fatigue from the late night shift on the night before was well evident as she dozed off while I showed her my latest anime infautation, "Keroro Gunsou"...
As she woke up, she then brought up a question that would never failed to make me tick (for now at least)..no nothing to do with her fave Taiwanese boyband despite that would make my blood boils as well...
She asked me whether I am free to accompany her for a seminar held by her MLM company on Tuesday evening...
After so many failed attempts when I would instantaneously rejected her offers with so many impromptu excuses and reasons, she would continue be so persistant (reminds me so much of Kenneth)...
This time I would ran out of excuses or at least grew tired of cooking one to reject her, that I told her what she did would be a great career opportunity but is not a wee bit appealing to me as no one knows myself better than me and I feel I would not be cut out to go down that road which she had been trying to educate me with the trillions of success stories told (or concoted) by their publications..

Then I got a rude awakening that she had always been one pretty career-minded and ambitious, hoping to work her way up the ladder to live a lavish lifestyle, without any worries of financial burden for the rest of her life...

As for myself, a simple life as I am having now is all too fine by me, which badly reflected on myself as one been too easily contented with life...

She then brought out a valid point that there would be no career now regarded as an "iron ricebowl" and my job would be on the verge of disposal anytime once the economy calls for it...
We always hard to lay the foundation or at least a back-up plan once that happens...
Which is all so true but I would be those that would be in panicky when come to that stage, sad but true

That is exactly why I tried to be as frugal as I can to save from scratch, making a mountain from a molehill which irks her time and again when I got too conservative with my expenditure...

She kept insisting that she wouldn't want us to go down the same path as her divorcing parents (last checked, they will definitely be filing for divorce but could be a turn of the tale) as they would throwing constant brickbats on one another due to mounting financial problems but I felt it was more than that, for e.g her father's high tendency for infidelity...
I told her I would never let such a thing happened to us down the road... for sure there would be whining now and then about money issues but it would tends to be resolved by itself, perhaps just tightening the shoestring budget here and there would do magic...

This led to the night been really miserable for me at least as I promptly sent her home, as she could sense I was not myself, suggesting perhaps I could be drowsy or something...

The whole issue had been unceremoniusly been over-magnified but it did showed the gulf in our mentalities towards our futures and perhaps the fissure in our relationship with such contrasting school of thoughts....

I mean this is afterall the woman I am going to spend the rest of my life with, so I want us to share the same ideologies and assume ourselves as an unit...

But the end of day I think I am just been selfish and never spare a thought for her...

sigh somehow these few days been feeling pretty low and even contemplate are we that compartible afterall...but eventually rubbish myself on thinking this way as I doubt there would be another woman on earth that would tolerate me at the end...

Let's hope things get mended as soon as possible and our relationship is back to that rosy state as before...

Japanese word of the day: けんかする~ken-ka-su-ru~(Quarrel) Had a small tiff with my lass which made me feel pretty low on this Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home