ぼくの日記

Friday, October 07, 2005

Reacquitance at the end of the week

7th October 2005, Friday

So it was a topsy-turvy, roller-coaster week at work when anything and everything would happen to most of our precious machines as well as unusual amount of submissions from the masses ..Fortunately with cooperation with the service technicians, we are finally able to get all 4 machines up and running and most importantly be able to clear our backlog accumulated over the few days by the end of this weekend.

I had been dozing off pretty early in the evening this couple of days, and I felt the reason could be down to the Gundam Seed series which I had been trying to focus on, but they are such great sleep remedy that can possibly put the most hyperactive kids to sleep in the matter of seconds (much more effective than Tsubasa Chronicle), no wonder Karen warned that it would get a bit dry and mundane in the middle.
However the sleeps had not be so soundly that I would wake up fresh and ready to go in the morning as I would wake up in the middle of the night during wee hours to off any electronic appliances I might had left in operation.

Watched the 5th episode of "Densha Otoko", and I was really moved by the storyline when Yamada tried hard to ward off a niggling stalker of Aoyama, only to find him as loser as himself and through empathy, he made the stalker turned over a new leaf...and the relationship of our resident otaku and his dream girl progressed into another stage..urgh can't wait for the remaining 6 episodes of the show...
Talking about losers, there was one 40 year old loser hogging the box office in the States about his chronicles to get laid which really roused my interest especially I had caught the trailer yesterday...The problem is getting my lass to find time off her packed schedule to accompany to catch in sometime next week.

Been contemplating about whether to join some my old 1st-3 months JC mates for dinner this evening. It was initiated by the usual guys (including Boon Hoe who just left my company 3 weeks before) and perhaps the only person I would wanna meet is the girl that had seriously stolen my heart during that time and perhaps the very first girl I actually made known of my affections for through snail mail that is. She is now happily married to an businessman-like uncle instead of hanging our with a loser-like uncle myself..good choice indeed.

Well I did heeded my lass' advice to step out my hermit's shell to embrace the reaquittance efforts made my old JC friends from a full 10 years back...

Of course with the dinner was scheduled at 7 at Plaza Singapura and I had an hour to go, so took refuge at La Tendo naturally..heehee

It was a pretty successful effort to reunite the alumni despite an apparent lukewarm response but those that are suppsed to appeared had done so...
The theme for the night naturally shifted to marriage and more adult topics such as applying for flats and cars especially with the likes of Peixing and Weiliang hitching in the coming months, and the likes of Weiyao and my old flame completed their R.O.M

It was great to see all of them especially with those I'm not too close with been sieved out and my previous love interest looked well blissful in finding her Mr Right and well closed an episode for me as I'm just glad she managed to find happiness in the end. We didn't get to talk much as the boisterous bunch was more interested with catching up with everyone's lives with Peixing and Angela been the usual instigators and me and Guozhong provided much laughters for the rest of the night. She had to leave early with her hubby picking her up so leaving Angela once again the solidatory rose among the thorns.

We proceeded for a drink at a fast food branch where we went down the memory lane getting in touch with nostalgia as we tried to recollect how everyone met and what we actually did back in our 1st 3 months stint and paid tributes to those who did not had the honour to join us tonight.

So in the end it was a great experience to meet up with some old friends but not when they started distributing "crimson bombs" in the form of invitation to their wedding banquets...ugh...

Japanese word of the day: 結婚をする ~ke-kkon-wo-su-ru~ (Getting married) a whole bunch of my friends are, better save up for the "ang pao" money...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home