ぼくの日記

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Something I Loathe...

27th October 2005, Thursday

Just a quick post before I leave work slightly earlier today, unwillingly of course to attend an event which I have loathed since I knew of its existence... Individual Physical Proficiency Test (or more affectionately known to us as IPPT)....

Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) is a standard physical fitness test to gauge the basic physical fitness of an individual. The IPPT is a standard physical fitness test designed to test the basic components of physical fitness and motor skills of an individual soldier....yada yada yada


Since my schooling days when I would know physical fitness is definitely not a forte of mine and passing it would be as hard as the Singapore National Football team making it into the World Cup...
In my NSF days, it was used as a guage to warrant each individual soldier its rights of enjoying certain benefits like off-days after a tiresome overnight duty; this left a very tard taste in my mouth for more than one instance back in my Navy days...
Now in my post-NSF era, I was always reluctant to attend such proficiency test and managed to shrug off any of the call-ups back in my University days with studies as my main excuse. But now in the workforce, such an excuse cannot be replicated and no other viable excuse available for me to fabricate...
While for many others (especially the fitter ones), it is a chance to nail $200 or $400 of extra cash with the level that they maybe able to attain, I would actually contemplate of giving our Ministry of Defence the money each year just to get me off the hook...

I do think its important to work out to keep a healthy mind and body (of course I never practise what I preach) but to pass such a high ordeal would be "Mission Impossible"..even in my fittest condition state during my BMT, I could not bearly pass the test, so what makes you think I would conqueor, now closing to 30 years of age...
Chin-ups and Standing Broad jumps having been the killer of mine in the past and continue to haunt me unless I am medically clear to avoid that 2 stations (which mean I won't even need to take the test)..too bad I had no medical history to ward me off such a test that serve as an annual travesty to mock my incompetance...

I had attended the Remedial Training (RT) early this year for not able to clear the test within my last open window period, and I am expecting the same case for this year which I would have to serve that 2 months of training to compensate for my failure.. Fortunately the training center is just a stone throw away from my house, which sure takes some bites off the entire deal....

At work, our supervisor mentioned about interviewing a prospective new colleague who is a fresh graduate from the famous Monesh University..which makes us ponder on whether such calibre would wanna do such routine work like we are doing now...

Finally my domain name has been resolved, so now you can just type: "http://www.gashaponrakuen.com" and walla, you can enter my official webpage although it should take me a while to upload all my files through the ftp...but at least it can be done now...
However a niggling issue that was oblivious in my "pop-ups galore" free web host but very prominent with this new web host is that in my html files, if I typed "JPG (in capitals)" for the picture files extension and the actual file extension is "jpg (in small letters", the pictures would not appear as it should in the past...really perturbing and it requires plenty of patience to correct each error and "patience" is almost non existence in my personal characteristic profile...

Last but not least got a letter from my unit with the itinery for the 1 and a half week ICT which includes an IPPT (yes again) on the 1st day which is a Friday and sailing for the following week throughout..yikes...never expected that...
It's been 2 years since I last board a naval ship to the sea and onboard the locally-made LSD, sea state is almost negligible, but how do I keep myself entertained during the off watch hours during the 4 nights out at sea...plus I can keep in contact with my loved ones...bummer
Talking about things I loathe....but not as much as IPPt of course...
Japanese word of the day: 大嫌い ~da-i-ki-ra-i~ (Loathe) Yes I think I loathe IPPt and everything SAF more than JxMMy...then again JxMMy adores whatever I hate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home